Does 'Cabir' virus infect Motorola V551 Cell Phone?

Last response: in Network Providers
July 6, 2005 11:56:18 PM

Hello!

My Motorola V551 Cell Phone is only about 3 months old and I charge it
regularly every day. All of a sudden, my phone doesn't seems to have a good
battery back up and the battery doesn't seem to have a good standby time.
When I charge it fully, the charge doesn't seem to last for more than 5 to 6
hours and I use the phone very sparingly! Now here are my questions to you:

1. Is it likely that my Motorola V551 is infected with a virus like "CABIR"
that drains the battery of the infected cell phone?

2. If it has been infected, how can I remove the virus and get the phone to
normalcy? Is there an Antivirus software for this phone?

3. Right now, my phone uses Motorola SNN5683A Battery. Is there a higher
capacity, extended life battery for Motorola V551? If so, what is the
battery model number and where can I purchase one?

I thank you for your time and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,
July 7, 2005 3:06:03 AM

"Gyro Gearloose" <GyroGearloose@hotpop.com> wrote in message
> Hello!
>
> My Motorola V551 Cell Phone is only about 3 months old and I charge it
> regularly every day. All of a sudden, my phone doesn't seems to have a
> good battery back up and the battery doesn't seem to have a good standby
> time. When I charge it fully, the charge doesn't seem to last for more
> than 5 to 6 hours and I use the phone very sparingly! Now here are my
> questions to you:
>
> 1. Is it likely that my Motorola V551 is infected with a virus like
> "CABIR" that drains the battery of the infected cell phone?

Impossible.

Steve
!