Win A Custom-Painted Falcon Northwest Tiki!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fedelm

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
I wish I could participate... (/Sad)

Cheers from Argentina, the most expensive Tech Country in the world.

bourgeoisdude

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
"As always, we are legally obligated to limit entries to residents of the United States, excluding Rhode Island (in Rhode Island, we’d have to file a statement with the secretary of state and pay a $150 filing fee; yay, bureaucracy). Other countries have their own fees, taxes, and laws. It’s unfortunate that we’re not able to extend these contests to all of our readers, but we hope you understand why this is the case."

Thanks for explaining :)

mousseng

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012
[citation][nom]Wolley74[/nom]450W seems low as heck for all that, not even room for OC on it[/citation]
The i7-based model comes overclocked to 4.3GHz, and it too has a GTX680. It's a tight squeeze, but it works.

Regardless, I'd love one of these. Two, even, if Tom's and Falcon NW are feeling generous enough.

PlusOne

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
I remember reading the design process for the Tiki a few months back. The thermal issues required to operate in such a tight space made me appreciate how hard it is to pack this much awesome hardware into such a compact case!

larkspur

Distinguished
And there’s zero chance you’re able to swap in a newer motherboard and processor two years down the road.
Not sure I'm with you on the zero percent part Chris. Could you explain why? It wasn't clear in the original picture article whether the I/O shield is custom-machined into the case, so I'm not totally sure... But it would seem to me that Haswell and Broadwell will have mini-ITX motherboards and Asus is likely to follow-up the P8Z77-I with such a board. Mini-ITX is Mini-ITX so as long as the upgrade board's layout is similar to this Asus board (like the next Asus mini-ITX board will likely be) then it shouldn't be too hard to upgrade. I figured that was part of Kelt's point about using as much industry-standard components as possible without customizing too much. Anyway, am I missing something or were you maybe a bit overly poetic in saying "zero chance"?

Status
Not open for further replies.