J. Allard recovering from nasty mountain biking accident

Last response: in Video Games
Share
August 13, 2005 7:25:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

J Allard, the main Microsoft man pushing the upcoming Xbox 360 recently had
a nasty accident while mountain biking in B.C. Canada. - he broke his left
arms radius and scaphoid, and also cracked a few ribs.

Allard seems to be fine now.

http://www.xbox365.com/news.cgi?id=GGuPHuLduH08091610

wishing him a fast recovery

btw, the Xbox 360 launch is not in jeopardy
Anonymous
August 14, 2005 1:37:26 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

In article <UpKdnT202tDOymPfRVn-iA@comcast.com>, <Highlander> says...

Bad one

> btw, the Xbox 360 launch is not in jeopardy

Are you implying that it would have been delayed had it been "game
over" for Allard?

--

If you feel you can't go on,
Call Someone Now

Highlander wrote:
> J Allard, the main Microsoft man pushing the upcoming Xbox 360 recently had
> a nasty accident while mountain biking in B.C. Canada. - he broke his left
> arms radius and scaphoid, and also cracked a few ribs.
>
> Allard seems to be fine now.
>
> http://www.xbox365.com/news.cgi?id=GGuPHuLduH08091610
>

> wishing him a fast recovery
>

> btw, the Xbox 360 launch is not in jeopardy

He was playing moto gp 3 on the playstation 2 then the cunt crashed into
sonys piss poor online servers and killed 4 socom 2 players which was a
result.

\o/
--------------------THIS WEEKS CD PLAY-----------------
----------- Ministry Of Sound Ibiza Annual 2005 -------
August 15, 2005 8:02:01 AM

Jonah Falcon wrote:
> Yeah, uh huh. Keep up that fantasy.
>
> Jonah Falcon

Really?
IGN claims Namco's MotoGP4 has graphics up there with Gran Turismo and
Forza.
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 8:13:14 AM

Blig Merk wrote:
> Highlander wrote:
>
>>J Allard, the main Microsoft man pushing the upcoming Xbox 360 recently had
>>a nasty accident while mountain biking in B.C. Canada. - he broke his left
>>arms radius and scaphoid, and also cracked a few ribs.
>>
>>Allard seems to be fine now.
>>
>>http://www.xbox365.com/news.cgi?id=GGuPHuLduH08091610
>>

> He was trying to show off and lost it. He almost killed some people but
> Microshaft still found a way to try and make some money on it, they
> sold the footage he was taping of himself for a commercial. They have
> to try to make a dent in the $5 Billion that idiot has lost for them so
> far:
>
> http://www.fordvehicles.com/asp/modules/nextgeneration/...

hahahaha...
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 12:28:13 PM

Blig Merk wrote:

> He was trying to show off and lost it.

Don't be jealous just because the most dangerous physical activity you do on
a regular basis is prying your fat ass out of your PC2TV easy chair to go
get another pint of Cherry Garcia from the freezer.

-Z-
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 1:50:04 PM

Velocity Girl wrote:
> Jonah Falcon wrote:
>
>> Yeah, uh huh. Keep up that fantasy.
>>
>> Jonah Falcon
>>

> Really?
> IGN claims Namco's MotoGP4 has graphics up there with Gran Turismo and
> Forza.

shame it'll have gameplay down there with XGRA.
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 2:43:16 PM

Velocity Girl wrote:
> Jonah Falcon wrote:
>
>> Yeah, uh huh. Keep up that fantasy.
>>
>> Jonah Falcon
>>

> Really?
> IGN claims Namco's MotoGP4 has graphics up there with Gran Turismo and
> Forza.

LMFAO.

--------------------THIS WEEKS CD PLAY-----------------
----------- Ministry Of Sound Ibiza Annual 2005 -------
August 15, 2005 5:50:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

<Highlander> wrote in message news:UpKdnT202tDOymPfRVn-iA@comcast.com...

>J Allard, the main Microsoft man pushing the upcoming Xbox 360 recently had
>a nasty accident while mountain biking in B.C. Canada. - he broke his
>left arms radius and scaphoid, and also cracked a few ribs.
>
> Allard seems to be fine now.
>
> http://www.xbox365.com/news.cgi?id=GGuPHuLduH08091610
>

> wishing him a fast recovery
>

> btw, the Xbox 360 launch is not in jeopardy

He must not care much about the XBox to jeopardize the project like that.
Not a very responsible person, it seems.
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 8:28:57 PM

Bilgecunt wrote:

> He was trying to show off and lost it. [Microsoft] sold the
> footage he was taping of himself for a commercial. They have
> to try to make a dent in the $5 Billion that idiot has lost
> for them so far.

Have a little sympathy for the man, whydontcha? After all, he gives
your life purpose, i.e. posting embarrassing rants about the Xbox.
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 1:47:26 AM

In article <4300e362$0$37073$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
nothanks@toocoolforschool.com says...
> <Highlander> wrote in message news:UpKdnT202tDOymPfRVn-iA@comcast.com...
>
> >J Allard, the main Microsoft man pushing the upcoming Xbox 360 recently had
> >a nasty accident while mountain biking in B.C. Canada. - he broke his
> >left arms radius and scaphoid, and also cracked a few ribs.
> >
> > Allard seems to be fine now.
> >
> > http://www.xbox365.com/news.cgi?id=GGuPHuLduH08091610
> >

> > wishing him a fast recovery
> >

> > btw, the Xbox 360 launch is not in jeopardy
>
> He must not care much about the XBox to jeopardize the project like that.
> Not a very responsible person, it seems.

Ya know, I just can't get my head around the viewpoint that the loss of
a man even of Allard's stature could jeopardize the '360.

For starters the thing is damn near in the marketplace.

And then there are his fellow project members, who may not fill his
inspirational boots, but will sure as heck keep the boat pointing in the
right direction.

But I agree, he is an irresponsible twat. ;)
--

If you feel you can't go on,
Call Someone Now

Bikini Whacks wrote:

> But I agree, he is an irresponsible twat. ;)

Jesus you guys. It's not like he's the freakin' president, and it's not like
he's putting his life at risk. He likes mountain biking and snowboarding,
like thousands of other people. Big deal. There are lots of more important
people in the world who do riskier things in their spare time.

-Z-
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 7:25:10 PM

In article <duydnTwd0feJxJzeRVn-iQ@giganews.com>,
zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net says...

>Bikini Whacks wrote:
>
>> But I agree, he is an irresponsible twat. ;)
>
>Jesus you guys. It's not like he's the freakin' president, and it's not like
>he's putting his life at risk. He likes mountain biking and snowboarding,
>like thousands of other people. Big deal. There are lots of more important
>people in the world who do riskier things in their spare time.
>
>-Z-

http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/images/blbushse...
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 9:11:02 PM

"Mountain Biker" <Xtard@msn.com> wrote in message

> In other words now that the PS2 has surpassed the Xbox in terms of
> graphical performance it all of a sudden doesn't matter?

hahaha
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 4:17:18 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

Fred Liken wrote:

It kills Lunix, which is a joke. A real
> OS, like AIX, etc, perhaps, but Lunix? What's the point?

By your professional opinion which amounts to... squat? LOL, that's one
of the stupidest things I've ever heard. Hehe, you're a MS fanboi
because it's more your speed, little man. Let's not beat around the bush.
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 4:17:19 AM

"babanoosh" <snoopdizzel@dodgeit.com> wrote in message

> It kills Lunix, which is a joke. A real
>> OS, like AIX, etc, perhaps, but Lunix? What's the point?
>
> By your professional opinion which amounts to... squat?

Nice to see you're still bent on me.

Actually, yes, based on my professional opinion. The code base isn't
constantly changing, requiring rebuilds. The management tools are vastly
superior. We're talking about something that costs lots of money to put
some guy on supporting it. The TCO is lower with MS. Like I said, though,
a real OS like AIX, etc, will always be a better choice than an experimental
OS.

And, if it's security you want, Linux isn't it. Again, an OS like AIX will
be better, especially since you can run it as a trusted operating system.

Linux is a joke compared to AIX and the ilk.

> LOL, that's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

Perhaps that's the way you look at it, but then again, you don't know much
about the topic. It's easy to be confused.

> Hehe, you're a MS fanboi because it's more your speed, little man.
> Let's not beat around the bush.

Actually, I'm an MS fanboy because of VisualStudio and the savings you reap
on developers..... developers, developers. Windows 2003 because it has less
security issues than Linux and is easier to find administrators for than
something like AIX, etc, and those Administrators can administer more
machines and be paid less.

Don't have much use for Linux because I'm more experienced in the field and
know that there's more to TCO than the up front purchase.

Please, booby, save yourself the embarrasement and stick to games, my
friend. Nice to see that you are on yet another band wagon, though.
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 2:08:01 PM

"Perfect" <picture@perfect> wrote in message

>>> LOL, that's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.
>>
>> Perhaps that's the way you look at it, but then again, you don't know
>> much about the topic. It's easy to be confused.
>>
>>> Hehe, you're a MS fanboi because it's more your speed, little man.
>>> Let's not beat around the bush.
>>
>> Actually, I'm an MS fanboy because of VisualStudio and the savings you
>> reap on developers..... developers, developers.
>
> I'm convinced that the supremacy of VisualStudio is one of the main
> reasons why Microsoft enjoys such a large share of the OS market.

No doubt. They are developer centric.
August 20, 2005 1:15:58 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 08:28:13 -0400, "Zackman"
<zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote:

>Blig Merk wrote:
>
>> He was trying to show off and lost it.
>
>Don't be jealous just because the most dangerous physical activity you do on
>a regular basis is prying your fat ass out of your PC2TV easy chair to go
>get another pint of Cherry Garcia from the freezer.

Oh come on Zack! You know he's too cheap to buy name brand ice cream.

--
Scott
!