J. Allard recovering from nasty mountain biking accident

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

J Allard, the main Microsoft man pushing the upcoming Xbox 360 recently had
a nasty accident while mountain biking in B.C. Canada. - he broke his left
arms radius and scaphoid, and also cracked a few ribs.

Allard seems to be fine now.

http://www.xbox365.com/news.cgi?id=GGuPHuLduH08091610

wishing him a fast recovery

btw, the Xbox 360 launch is not in jeopardy
17 answers Last reply
More about allard recovering nasty mountain biking accident
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    In article <UpKdnT202tDOymPfRVn-iA@comcast.com>, <Highlander> says...

    Bad one

    > btw, the Xbox 360 launch is not in jeopardy

    Are you implying that it would have been delayed had it been "game
    over" for Allard?

    --

    If you feel you can't go on,
    Call Someone Now

    Highlander wrote:
    > J Allard, the main Microsoft man pushing the upcoming Xbox 360 recently had
    > a nasty accident while mountain biking in B.C. Canada. - he broke his left
    > arms radius and scaphoid, and also cracked a few ribs.
    >
    > Allard seems to be fine now.
    >
    > http://www.xbox365.com/news.cgi?id=GGuPHuLduH08091610
    >

    > wishing him a fast recovery
    >

    > btw, the Xbox 360 launch is not in jeopardy

    He was playing moto gp 3 on the playstation 2 then the cunt crashed into
    sonys piss poor online servers and killed 4 socom 2 players which was a
    result.

    \o/
    --------------------THIS WEEKS CD PLAY-----------------
    ----------- Ministry Of Sound Ibiza Annual 2005 -------
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    Jonah Falcon wrote:
    > Yeah, uh huh. Keep up that fantasy.
    >
    > Jonah Falcon

    Really?
    IGN claims Namco's MotoGP4 has graphics up there with Gran Turismo and
    Forza.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    Blig Merk wrote:
    > Highlander wrote:
    >
    >>J Allard, the main Microsoft man pushing the upcoming Xbox 360 recently had
    >>a nasty accident while mountain biking in B.C. Canada. - he broke his left
    >>arms radius and scaphoid, and also cracked a few ribs.
    >>
    >>Allard seems to be fine now.
    >>
    >>http://www.xbox365.com/news.cgi?id=GGuPHuLduH08091610
    >>

    > He was trying to show off and lost it. He almost killed some people but
    > Microshaft still found a way to try and make some money on it, they
    > sold the footage he was taping of himself for a commercial. They have
    > to try to make a dent in the $5 Billion that idiot has lost for them so
    > far:
    >
    > http://www.fordvehicles.com/asp/modules/nextgeneration/nextgen_pop.asp?nPopupID=18

    hahahaha...
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    Blig Merk wrote:

    > He was trying to show off and lost it.

    Don't be jealous just because the most dangerous physical activity you do on
    a regular basis is prying your fat ass out of your PC2TV easy chair to go
    get another pint of Cherry Garcia from the freezer.

    -Z-
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    Velocity Girl wrote:
    > Jonah Falcon wrote:
    >
    >> Yeah, uh huh. Keep up that fantasy.
    >>
    >> Jonah Falcon
    >>

    > Really?
    > IGN claims Namco's MotoGP4 has graphics up there with Gran Turismo and
    > Forza.

    shame it'll have gameplay down there with XGRA.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    Velocity Girl wrote:
    > Jonah Falcon wrote:
    >
    >> Yeah, uh huh. Keep up that fantasy.
    >>
    >> Jonah Falcon
    >>

    > Really?
    > IGN claims Namco's MotoGP4 has graphics up there with Gran Turismo and
    > Forza.

    LMFAO.

    --------------------THIS WEEKS CD PLAY-----------------
    ----------- Ministry Of Sound Ibiza Annual 2005 -------
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

    <Highlander> wrote in message news:UpKdnT202tDOymPfRVn-iA@comcast.com...

    >J Allard, the main Microsoft man pushing the upcoming Xbox 360 recently had
    >a nasty accident while mountain biking in B.C. Canada. - he broke his
    >left arms radius and scaphoid, and also cracked a few ribs.
    >
    > Allard seems to be fine now.
    >
    > http://www.xbox365.com/news.cgi?id=GGuPHuLduH08091610
    >

    > wishing him a fast recovery
    >

    > btw, the Xbox 360 launch is not in jeopardy

    He must not care much about the XBox to jeopardize the project like that.
    Not a very responsible person, it seems.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    Bilgecunt wrote:

    > He was trying to show off and lost it. [Microsoft] sold the
    > footage he was taping of himself for a commercial. They have
    > to try to make a dent in the $5 Billion that idiot has lost
    > for them so far.

    Have a little sympathy for the man, whydontcha? After all, he gives
    your life purpose, i.e. posting embarrassing rants about the Xbox.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

    In article <4300e362$0$37073$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com>,
    nothanks@toocoolforschool.com says...
    > <Highlander> wrote in message news:UpKdnT202tDOymPfRVn-iA@comcast.com...
    >
    > >J Allard, the main Microsoft man pushing the upcoming Xbox 360 recently had
    > >a nasty accident while mountain biking in B.C. Canada. - he broke his
    > >left arms radius and scaphoid, and also cracked a few ribs.
    > >
    > > Allard seems to be fine now.
    > >
    > > http://www.xbox365.com/news.cgi?id=GGuPHuLduH08091610
    > >

    > > wishing him a fast recovery
    > >

    > > btw, the Xbox 360 launch is not in jeopardy
    >
    > He must not care much about the XBox to jeopardize the project like that.
    > Not a very responsible person, it seems.

    Ya know, I just can't get my head around the viewpoint that the loss of
    a man even of Allard's stature could jeopardize the '360.

    For starters the thing is damn near in the marketplace.

    And then there are his fellow project members, who may not fill his
    inspirational boots, but will sure as heck keep the boat pointing in the
    right direction.

    But I agree, he is an irresponsible twat. ;)
    --

    If you feel you can't go on,
    Call Someone Now

    Bikini Whacks wrote:

    > But I agree, he is an irresponsible twat. ;)

    Jesus you guys. It's not like he's the freakin' president, and it's not like
    he's putting his life at risk. He likes mountain biking and snowboarding,
    like thousands of other people. Big deal. There are lots of more important
    people in the world who do riskier things in their spare time.

    -Z-
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

    In article <duydnTwd0feJxJzeRVn-iQ@giganews.com>,
    zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net says...

    >Bikini Whacks wrote:
    >
    >> But I agree, he is an irresponsible twat. ;)
    >
    >Jesus you guys. It's not like he's the freakin' president, and it's not like
    >he's putting his life at risk. He likes mountain biking and snowboarding,
    >like thousands of other people. Big deal. There are lots of more important
    >people in the world who do riskier things in their spare time.
    >
    >-Z-

    http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/images/blbushsegway.htm
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

    "Mountain Biker" <Xtard@msn.com> wrote in message

    > In other words now that the PS2 has surpassed the Xbox in terms of
    > graphical performance it all of a sudden doesn't matter?

    hahaha
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

    Fred Liken wrote:

    It kills Lunix, which is a joke. A real
    > OS, like AIX, etc, perhaps, but Lunix? What's the point?

    By your professional opinion which amounts to... squat? LOL, that's one
    of the stupidest things I've ever heard. Hehe, you're a MS fanboi
    because it's more your speed, little man. Let's not beat around the bush.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

    "babanoosh" <snoopdizzel@dodgeit.com> wrote in message

    > It kills Lunix, which is a joke. A real
    >> OS, like AIX, etc, perhaps, but Lunix? What's the point?
    >
    > By your professional opinion which amounts to... squat?

    Nice to see you're still bent on me.

    Actually, yes, based on my professional opinion. The code base isn't
    constantly changing, requiring rebuilds. The management tools are vastly
    superior. We're talking about something that costs lots of money to put
    some guy on supporting it. The TCO is lower with MS. Like I said, though,
    a real OS like AIX, etc, will always be a better choice than an experimental
    OS.

    And, if it's security you want, Linux isn't it. Again, an OS like AIX will
    be better, especially since you can run it as a trusted operating system.

    Linux is a joke compared to AIX and the ilk.

    > LOL, that's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

    Perhaps that's the way you look at it, but then again, you don't know much
    about the topic. It's easy to be confused.

    > Hehe, you're a MS fanboi because it's more your speed, little man.
    > Let's not beat around the bush.

    Actually, I'm an MS fanboy because of VisualStudio and the savings you reap
    on developers..... developers, developers. Windows 2003 because it has less
    security issues than Linux and is easier to find administrators for than
    something like AIX, etc, and those Administrators can administer more
    machines and be paid less.

    Don't have much use for Linux because I'm more experienced in the field and
    know that there's more to TCO than the up front purchase.

    Please, booby, save yourself the embarrasement and stick to games, my
    friend. Nice to see that you are on yet another band wagon, though.
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

    "Perfect" <picture@perfect> wrote in message

    >>> LOL, that's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.
    >>
    >> Perhaps that's the way you look at it, but then again, you don't know
    >> much about the topic. It's easy to be confused.
    >>
    >>> Hehe, you're a MS fanboi because it's more your speed, little man.
    >>> Let's not beat around the bush.
    >>
    >> Actually, I'm an MS fanboy because of VisualStudio and the savings you
    >> reap on developers..... developers, developers.
    >
    > I'm convinced that the supremacy of VisualStudio is one of the main
    > reasons why Microsoft enjoys such a large share of the OS market.

    No doubt. They are developer centric.
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 08:28:13 -0400, "Zackman"
    <zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote:

    >Blig Merk wrote:
    >
    >> He was trying to show off and lost it.
    >
    >Don't be jealous just because the most dangerous physical activity you do on
    >a regular basis is prying your fat ass out of your PC2TV easy chair to go
    >get another pint of Cherry Garcia from the freezer.

    Oh come on Zack! You know he's too cheap to buy name brand ice cream.

    --
    Scott

Console Gaming Games Video Microsoft Xbox Video Games