Sign in with
Your question

SSD Info

Last response: in Components
May 10, 2012 1:01:16 PM

When I look to buy a SSD drive the first thing I look at is interface then the sustained sequential read / sustained sequential write however now that some of the new drive are out I see they have slower sustained sequential read / sustained sequential write than the last drives that came out yet are seen to be better, why is that? What other things should I be looking at besides interface, sustained sequential read / sustained sequential write and why? My first SSD was in my Asus EEEPC 1000 and the SSD in that is painfully slow with only a sustained sequential read of 50MB/s / sustained sequential write of 15MB/s that is why I always look at them first. I build PC's for friends and now installing a SSD is a must for me and they have made them super fast PC's however I wish to know what to look for when I buy them so I can make a more informed purchase, thanks for any help in understanding what I should be looking for.

More about : ssd info

May 10, 2012 1:13:29 PM

Hello thbrett;

Have you stopped by and looked around the Storare > SSD section of the THG forums?
m
l
Related resources
May 10, 2012 2:45:38 PM

keep in mind that you are limited by the platform you are running. you will never get the performance out of an ssd + atom processor that you would out of an core i7 + an ssd
m
l
May 10, 2012 5:39:48 PM

Yes I do know it is limited by the platform, I was only saying that my first time I used an SSD was with my Asus EEEPC 1000. The last system I built for someone had an Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard, NZXT PC Case, i5 2600k CPU, Cooler Master V8 CPU Cooler, G-Skill Rip Jaws 2GB x4 RAM, OCZ Vertex 3 SSD OS drive, WD 2TB hard drive data drive, Asus Geforce GTX 570 2x video cards running in SLI, and a Rosewill 1000W Modular PSU.

P.S. thanks for the links I am looking for info on what makes a SSD drive good.
m
l
!