Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Upgrading rubbish cpu

Last response: in CPUs
Share
May 10, 2012 3:14:04 PM

Hey guys i have a Fujitsu Seimens Scaleo P P5GD1-FM http://uk.ts.fujitsu.com/rl/servicesupport/techsupport/...

My CPU is pentium 4 3.4ghz which is rubbiiish!! I seriously want to upgrade to a better cpu so i can buy a graphics card that won't be bottlenecked.

What is the best CPU available that will be compatible with my motherboard?? It has socket 775. Please someone find the best one and post a picture? Also, can i upgrade this pc? I'm not sure if it is locked.

More about : upgrading rubbish cpu

May 10, 2012 3:31:38 PM

I wouldn't bother upgrading something that outdated, you would be better off saving up for a new system.
a b à CPUs
May 10, 2012 3:32:23 PM

Its not hugely worth upgrading its basically at lifes end. Whats your budget? You'd likely be better off with a new budget CPU, mobo and DDR3 RAM. That could be done in the £160 bracket if the budget is extremely low.

Related resources
May 10, 2012 3:33:16 PM

That board can only run P4s and Celeron processors. I think you are stuck, man.

Looks like you are due for a complete PC overhaul.

From the owner's manual:

LGA775 socket for Intel® Pentium® 4/Celeron processor
Compatible with Intel® Performance Universal FMB 2005
processors
Supports Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology
a b à CPUs
a b U Graphics card
May 10, 2012 3:36:23 PM

HandSamwich said:
Hey guys i have a Fujitsu Seimens Scaleo P P5GD1-FM http://uk.ts.fujitsu.com/rl/servicesupport/techsupport/...

My CPU is pentium 4 3.4ghz which is rubbiiish!! I seriously want to upgrade to a better cpu so i can buy a graphics card that won't be bottlenecked.

What is the best CPU available that will be compatible with my motherboard?? It has socket 775. Please someone find the best one and post a picture? Also, can i upgrade this pc? I'm not sure if it is locked.



You need a new pc.
May 10, 2012 3:45:40 PM

thats dissapointing... anyway i saw a 9800gt 1gb overclock edition for £10 i know my pentium 4 3.4 ghz 1gb will bottleneck it but will i still be able to play most games on steam low-med settings 30 fps+?

Should i also upgrade to 2gb ddr3? Probably wont need 4gb

I know i know its better to buy a new pc but cmon its £10 and 2gb is like another £10 will keep me playing until i have enough to buy a good new pc.
a b à CPUs
May 10, 2012 3:50:57 PM

You sure you can get DDR3? I think your mobo is DDR2. Your CPU will choke on most newer games. The GPU sounds ok for a tenner I would be worried about it having been abused but at that price its worth a punt. You may well need a new PSU to run it though.

Basically any games that say minimum dual core CPU (most games now) will either drag slow at minimum settings or just not work.
a b à CPUs
May 10, 2012 5:22:47 PM

It depends on the exact model of your motherboard as your system is OEM I would bet no they won't. Download CPU-Z see the motherboard model and post it here or look it up for a compatibility list.

Also bear in mind 4GB DDR2 RAM will knock you back £40 and a old quad in good (not rag order) will cost another £40 or so thats £80 will still be outdated and likely slower than you want.

A new mobo, 8GB DDR3 and a Phenom II X4 will set you back £150-£160 and would perform more to your gaming needs now and in the future.
a b à CPUs
a c 191 U Graphics card
May 10, 2012 5:26:25 PM

^+1
May 11, 2012 7:04:43 PM

wr6133 said:
It depends on the exact model of your motherboard as your system is OEM I would bet no they won't. Download CPU-Z see the motherboard model and post it here or look it up for a compatibility list.

Also bear in mind 4GB DDR2 RAM will knock you back £40 and a old quad in good (not rag order) will cost another £40 or so thats £80 will still be outdated and likely slower than you want.

A new mobo, 8GB DDR3 and a Phenom II X4 will set you back £150-£160 and would perform more to your gaming needs now and in the future.


£150 eh? Okay that sounds more than good what will the new mobo need to be compatible with can someone list the things and maybe find a mobo that will be compatible with all the stuff in a scaleo p p5gd1-fm?
a b à CPUs
May 11, 2012 7:28:41 PM

http://www.cclonline.com/product/26600/HDZ965FBGMBOX/CP...
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition 3.4GHz Quad Core

http://www.cclonline.com/product/60874/GA-M68MT-S2P/Mot...
Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce Motherboard

http://www.cclonline.com/product/66091/F3-10600CL9D-8GB...
G.Skill NT 8GB DDR3 1333MHz Memory Kit

£156 and should last you a fair while.

You can very easily overclock that CPU to 980BE speed (3.7GHZ) on stock cooler safely. Later down the line you could add an aftermarket cooler and try for 4GHZ. If you wanted UDB 3.0 and SATA 6GB/s support add £20 and get this mobo

http://www.cclonline.com/product/77029/GA-970A-DS3/Moth...

2 things though I cant find from that link you gave to your system. Are the drives on it SATA? If they are IDE you would need converters or cards to use them.
May 11, 2012 7:34:03 PM

wr6133 said:
http://www.cclonline.com/product/26600/HDZ965FBGMBOX/CP...
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition 3.4GHz Quad Core

http://www.cclonline.com/product/60874/GA-M68MT-S2P/Mot...
Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce Motherboard

http://www.cclonline.com/product/66091/F3-10600CL9D-8GB...
G.Skill NT 8GB DDR3 1333MHz Memory Kit

£156 and should last you a fair while.

You can very easily overclock that CPU to 980BE speed (3.7GHZ) on stock cooler safely. Later down the line you could add an aftermarket cooler and try for 4GHZ. If you wanted UDB 3.0 and SATA 6GB/s support add £20 and get this mobo

http://www.cclonline.com/product/77029/GA-970A-DS3/Moth...

2 things though I cant find from that link you gave to your system. Are the drives on it SATA? If they are IDE you would need converters or cards to use them.


wow ty mate and i dno but i'll buy a converter just in case but are you sure all these things will work with my scaleo P and all the stuff in it
a b à CPUs
May 11, 2012 7:58:23 PM

Open the old case up check if the Hard drive and Optical are SATA if they are you should be good to go (adaptors aren't super cheap nor ideal for the HDD). The scaleo PSU is likely junk but it will run it the mobo needs a 24 pin and a 4pin which it should have.. I chose a small form factor micro ATX board as often those cases are tight fits.

You may need a new PSU for that 9800GT as some models require a single connector.

!