PC gone off while playing and not boot afterwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

sreelalrpillai

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011
Hello,

Yesterday when I was playing Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim, my PC gone OFF and refused to start up. When I tried to start up, the CPU fan will come ON for a second and then will go OFF. I thought this was PSU issue with my new Corsair CX500 V2 and I changed it to a generic 450W PSU and now the system is able to boot with normal POST beep. However I can't see anything in monitor and monitor is remaining in stand by mode. I tried the on board VGA (Without removing the graphics card completely but I removed the PCIE power to the card), but still the monitor is in stand by mode. I tried different monitor also, but issue is still there. Please help.

My Rig is
AMD Phenom II 840
Gigabyte GA MA 78GM S2H
4GB DDR2
XFX 9600 GT Graphics Card

Solution
You have to actually remove the card from its slot, not just unplug the power. If you just unplug the power the PCI-e slot itself will still supply 75w of power to the card.

Since you tested the PSU I think the GPU could have died. Take it out completely and try the onboard/test a different card.

Helltech

Distinguished
You have to actually remove the card from its slot, not just unplug the power. If you just unplug the power the PCI-e slot itself will still supply 75w of power to the card.

Since you tested the PSU I think the GPU could have died. Take it out completely and try the onboard/test a different card.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.