New gaminc PC specc advice

chrisator

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012
Hey everyone. I've been thinking of buying a custom-built PC and have looked around quite a forums getting advice on the matter, and then I was directed to this one. My aim is mainly a gaming compatible PC that can run some of the newer stuff, with a major focus to World of Warcraft. The specc I'm currently looking at is:

CPU Intel Core i5 2500K Unlocked (4 x 3.3GHz) 6MB
CPU Heatsink Intel Heatsink & Fan - Low Noise
Memory Corsair 8GB XMS3 PC3-12800 1600MHz (2x4GB) - Lifetime Warranty (DDR3)
Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 - 1280 MB - (PALIT) (PCI-E)
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 (Intel Z68)
Sound Card Motherboard Integrated HD Sound
Networking Motherboard Integrated Ethernet Lan (Broadband Ready)
Power Supply Corsair 600W (CMPSU-600CX) PSU - Low Noise
Hard Drive #1 60GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD SATA-III, Read 525MB/s, Write 475MB/s - Silent
Hard Drive #2 750 GB SATA-II HDD 7200 RPM
Optical Drive #1 Samsung 22x DVD Re-Writer/Reader /- RW- Black - (SATA)
Operating System #1 Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64 BIT (Genuine DVD & COA Included)

I'm mainly wondering if everything is compatible together now, and if I need to make any major changes. I got the 2500k and motherboard so that I can perhaps one day OC the CPU, if I feel that the speed is not par, but I doubt this will be needed for a while to come.

I also had to go higher than the Asus P8Z68 M PRO (Intel Z68) since it did not support the 10/100/1000 mbps which I thought could become helpful in the future, do you guys think that it may have been a waste? I currently have a 50mbps internet connection

Also this entire thing comes to about 1055 pounds ($1660) from Computerplanet.com which I've found has the cheapest price with the most promotional value. Does anyone perhaps know a better website for this?

Appreciate any advice possible

jrodfry

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2011
After looking at everything, it is all compatible. I tried going to the website computerplanet.com but I didn't quite get a computer store. I don't know of many computer stores in your area, but I use newegg.com and tigerdirect.com.

I do have to say that that computer of your's is going to be very impressive.
I would say stick with what you picked unless you want to spend less money.
As far as the mbps (lan), I don't know if you need a connection that fast unless you are going to be streaming videos or games.

That computer should last you quite a while. Hope you enjoy it.