Saints row the third shoddy performance on a GTX 590 rig?

Now I heard that the game (in the title) has some performance problems but with the graphics maxed out at a resolution of 1680x1050 (in which I can run BF3 maxed out without a single dip below 60 fps), I get frame rate drops to the 50s when im driving fast in a car or when there are a lot of explosions, and sometimes even into the 40s when I'm looking at the city from afar or when i'm flying around in a jet plane.

My rig:
Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX 590
Intel core i7 @3.8ghz
8gb of G.Skill Ripjaws RAM

My drivers are updated all the way. I am wondering, should I be concerned about these frame rate drops? because I don't really feel that my video card should lag that much at that kind of a resolution...

EDIT: The issues with ATI performance are well known and more or less have been fixed, but the difference is that I'm using an Nvidia Graphics card.
10 answers Last reply
More about saints shoddy performance
  1. how do you feel when fps dipp down to 40 is that laggy or smoother.
  2. pro-gamer said:
    how do you feel when fps dipp down to 40 is that laggy or smoother.

Obviously it feels laggier, what kind of a question is that...
  3. what? 40 fps laggier are you kidding i'm running on 30fps very smooth on maxed out.
  4. When the FPS runs constantly on 60 FPS then suddenly drops to 40 or so,you'll definitely fill the FPS drop.
    As I said,it's the problem with the game.Probably a new driver will fix the issues
  5. but why many people running it more than 60fps.
  6. Maziar said:

Seems like a poorly optimized game(thanks to the console port) and doesn't seem to support SLI/CF yet

I'm getting tired of poorly optimized games and crappy console ports, make me wonder why I spend so much money on hardware.
  7. Have you tried using a higher resolution? If that's a dual GPU...you are not even pushing your GPU's to the max IMO. Try running at 1080P resolution (1920x1080).
  8. Chainzsaw said:
    Have you tried using a higher resolution? If that's a dual GPU...you are not even pushing your GPU's to the max IMO. Try running at 1080P resolution (1920x1080).

I tried running at 1920x1080 but it didnt run any better obviously, lol. Like i said, at that resolution i can max out BF3 but this game makes my computer FPS drop to the 40s?

just seems really damn wierd is all.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Performance Graphics