Friend has New Power Supply, 20+4 pin won't fit

Juggernog

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
So basically, my friend bought a new power supply (A ZT-750) after an issue that turned out to be the PSU, but he realised that everything had gone rosy up until the 20+4 pin. Now he's attached several power supplies, and me also, but I've never heard of anything like this, and the internet hasn't either. You says that he's trying to push the 20+4 pin in, but it just won't click, and it's not fully in.

This is something I've never seen before, and something he's never seen before. Does anyone know what is wrong with it?

Specs:

AMD Phenom ii x4 840 @3.2ghz
XFX HD Radeon 6850
OCZ ZT-750w
4gb RAM
500gb Seagate Barracuda
ASUS M4N68T-M LE V2 .

Thanks in advance. He also said it was hurting his fingers how hard he was trying to get it in in the end. Any ideas?

Inspect the connectors for any obstructions or debris that may have got stuck in them.

If that's not the case, it looks like there was a manufacturing defect on either the PSU or the motherboard that is causing the connector to not fit. All I can suggest is try a different PSU with that motherboard, if the motherboard takes the connection okay with a different power supply, then that OCZ PSU has a defective 20+4 pin connector. If the motherboard won't take a 20+4 pin connection from any PSU, then the motherboard is defective.

Juggernog

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
imagehdd.jpg

Wouldn't let me edit last post, sorry!

kermit1515

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
Hey I am the friend he mentions. For some reason he can't access this post anymore.

I tried connecting my old psu in to the slot and it plugs in like a dream. If the 20+4 pin is hanging out a little is that really bad? I have to use force to take it out even though it's not locked on completely. If I was to power up the computer would the pc be in any danger?

Thanks