Any recommendations for this build? trying to keep it under $1000

Ryukari

Honorable
May 10, 2012
Hey all, this is my first time making a build and I'm trying to build a computer that'll run an ivy bridge processor.

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=2184608

I'm thinking of changing the motherboard, I just don't know what to change it to.

It's not great, just spent a few hours looking around but, is there anything that any of you would change or add to make it better?

Just wanna get the best I can get while keeping it under $1000.

Ryukari

Honorable
May 10, 2012
Oh shoot, I should of mentioned that. Yeah, I'm not going to be buying a video card for a while. I just want something that can handle a lot of what I throw at it, other than video games. I'll mostly be video editing and converting videos.

Hello Ryukari;

Everything is looking compatible and you've picked good parts.
What's the build for?

Already have an AC power cord you can use for the PSU? That 'ECO' model ships without one - the idea being you're saving the earth to recycle an olde power cord.

PSU is oversized for build without a gaming graphics card. Planning to add one in the future? Forget to add one?

Any reason for going with a Z77 motherboard over a less expensive H77 model?

Want more options?
Jump on over the Systems > New Build section of the THG forums where they handle about a couple dozen of these requests per day.
They probably have a better idea on combo deals, hot prices and other options.

If you fill out the form in *How To Ask For New Build Advice* you'll answer all the standard questions that explain what you plan and help things get started right.