My pc freezes and screen flickers while gameplay

Last response: in Systems
January 27, 2012 4:37:17 PM

I am a classic gamer,Sometimes.
My pc requirements are,
Intel Celeron 1.70 Ghz
Ram 768 MB
Graphics card Nvidia Geforce MX/MX400

My main problem is i dont have any problems with my pc in using for work,Web surfing,music,video or anything.

But when i play old games like GTA san andreas
Gothic 2.

My screen tears and flickers and after a few times it vanishes.

But after or in the flickering my PC freezes,it doesnt take any command but the game sound keeps runing.

My pc Nvidia Graphics card driver is up to date,
My every registry problems are fixed,No junk file in pc and mainly its fully clean of viruses.

Please anyhow give me solution.

Does anyone think that this is happening because of graphics card oveheating???,But my cpu is well ventilated,And there are two fans on my cpu.

I installed the chipset drivers also,and reinstalled the gpu driver.

The main problem is now,It freezes randomly after the tearing starts.

But my pc was never like this before,when it had which driver i dnt know and 256 mb of ram.

Look at this picture it happens everytime and the freezing causes after happening of this

http://www.playtool.com/pages/arti [...] 010000.jpg
a b B Homebuilt system
a c 251 U Graphics card
January 27, 2012 5:12:18 PM

I think it's time for a new computer , your cpu is under 2ghz and you have under 1gb of ram , and your video card is way out of date , I'm not surprised that you are having problems.

When listing your computers specifications you left out the power supply , the Hard drive and what version of windows you have.
January 28, 2012 3:31:22 AM

Sorry for that,

BuT inzone this pc is not my main gaming pc.

I intend to play older games in this pc,

Th power supply is written outside AC220 volt
HDD is 40 GB
I use windows XP SP3.

PLS help with this problem
Related resources
January 28, 2012 3:43:53 AM

I had experience once, when I install the newer version vga driver, it won't play certain games properly. If you can play your game before updating the driver that means is your driver's problem! Try to revert back to older vga driver if available!
a b B Homebuilt system
a c 251 U Graphics card
January 28, 2012 3:44:56 AM

The power supply is in watts not volts so ac220volt doesn't tell me anything. Windows XP will function better with more ram and 768mb is not enough , it's not about the games it's about Win XP and the amount of ram. You should have at least 2gb of ram for Win XP.
The issue could be either the power supply or the video card.
The reason it is one of those two is because when you are doing normal things like web surfing there is no problem but when you go to play your games the problem shows up and that's because of the 3d rendering that the video card has to do for the game. This 3d rendering uses more power and it makes the video card work harder. So the two parts involved are the video card and power supply. If you had another power supply that you could put in to test and see if it would run the game then you would know if it was the power supply or the video card.
January 28, 2012 12:30:51 PM

Thnks tiang and inzone for reply,

first tiang when i press roll back driver it says,BAckup is not made for this driver then it opens help and support.Pls suggest me some drivers if u think it will be helpful.

inzone, Yeah i was wrond it was watt what was written in the back,

But a Cousin of mine told me my Motherboard wont support more than 768 mb of ram,that why i didnt buy that amount.

But i now have a little solution, when i put vsync force on in gothic 2 in nvidia control panel,APlication 3D settings,And enabled agp fast write and restored default bios settings now i can play for half or an hour.

And i also opened the case for not overheating.
!