Gaming Keyboard with backlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

okcomputer360

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011
Hey , I was hoping some folks could offer there opinions on what keyboard I should purchase.

I primarliy play swotr and see razer has come out with a 250 gaming keyboard. seems they have a gamepad type device where the numeric keys sit.

This doesnt seem logical.

so what I'm looking for is

backlighting - multiple color prefered (specifically blue/red combo)

side buttons aka microsoft sidewinder

media controls

preferred wired usb over wireless

Thanks

D

Deleted member 217926

Yes, I understand that. Just offering an option he may not have considered. :)

a little black duck

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
Logitech G19 or G510 at that budget or if you prefer a mechanical keyboard I would suggest the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate. All have illuminated keys, adjustable brightness, etc. When you say "mulitple color prefered" do you mean you require the keys to display mulitple colors at the same time i.e. w,a,s,d keys in red with surrounding keys blue? Or one color at a time, i.e. all keys blue or all keys red? If so, you may find yourself out of luck. Those keyboards are still rare, somewhat expensive and mostly in the domain of 'aftermarket mods'. In fact, the last one I saw was at E3 a few years ago, and tbh, I haven't seen any since that have actually made it to the retail market. Not saying they're not out there, just that they're rare and hard to find. Hope this helps, good luck with your search.

a little black duck

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
@angaddev, how do you find the mx cherry red switches used in that keyboard? I have heard reports of the cherry red switch producing a high number of errors for some. Personally, I think mechanicals that use the mx cherry black switches are best suited for gaming (although, I would hate to use one for word processing).

okcomputer360

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011

Well I currently use a Saitek Eclipse II, so the feature that I'd like to have again is a switchable backlighting of all the keys numerics f1-f12 numeric keys, even the media buttons are all under either a blue , red, or neon pink. As I use a 3d monitor - Samsung 23" any glow can interfere and this is why i require adjustments to the backlight. My Eclipse had a dimmer also for these lights, after a few drops a solder came loose and I'd like some more buttons in addition to what I've grown accustomed too.

okcomputer360

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011

Thanks, I checked this out and seems feature rich, I didnt read anything about media buttons, and is there backlighting?

okcomputer360

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011

Picked up a G110 from microcenter w/ aprice match from newegg. so right around 70. I think the buttons are a pleasure to type on, and media volume controls are great.

Still a small learning curve for `1234 as they are positioned a little bight tighter together then my previous keyboard.

I do love how the g keys on the side can be programmed for multiple key sequences.

Also this keyboard has a usb, microphone and headphone jack with mute controls built in.

Very nice for the price, thanks for the recommendation.

Status
Not open for further replies.