LCD TV for PS2

I was thinking to buy a Video Seven 27" LCD TV (LTV27C), from here:
http://tinyurl.com/czkjd

to boost my game experience with my playstation, but I have read that
sometimes you can have issues with some LCD TV if you are playing games
like doom. I was wondering what is the parameter I have to look at to
be sure I will not running into these issues. Is it the response time?

Would this tv be ok? Would I be able to play a game like Tekken 5 with
it?
Thanks,
Mario

MarioRivera1974@N_O_S_P_A_A_Myahoo.co.uk wrote:
> I was thinking to buy a Video Seven 27" LCD TV (LTV27C), from here:
> http://tinyurl.com/czkjd
>
> to boost my game experience with my playstation, but I have read that
> sometimes you can have issues with some LCD TV if you are playing games
> like doom. I was wondering what is the parameter I have to look at to
> be sure I will not running into these issues. Is it the response time?
>
> Would this tv be ok? Would I be able to play a game like Tekken 5 with
> it?
> Thanks,
> Mario

You want to look for screens with a response rate of 12ms. i think the
lcd standard is 25ms the lower the number the faster the screen refresh
and the less blury a fast moving game becomes.

2 things i have noticed using an lcd or plasma for gaming is that
componant video connection make a huge difference toward quality; and
the sharp high res screens really show up the PS2's non anti-aliased
jaggies which a blurry CRT smoothes out. oh and light guns dont work
grr!