Problem with repeating sounds

Xmsteel

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011
Seems the Asus is utterly useless when it comes to support (no answer in forums, no one connects via live chat, and you need a S/N for email, which I dont have because I used it for a rebate). Anyhow, this is copy and pasted, hopefully someone here can help.

----------------

Hi,

I purchased a Xonar_DG not too long ago from newegg, after reading reviews about how the card had an issue with repeating sounds from crashed games or programs. However, I saw all the GOOD reviews and figured I might as well buy it because of the good price.
Unfortunately, I have had to reboot my computer multiple times just to get this card to stop repeating sounds if a game or program with sound crashes.
I've tried to contact Asus via live chat, but it seems no one is ever online during business hours.
I have the latest drivers and noticed a lot of people have the same issue with this card. I'd much appreciate it if somehow I could get this fixed so I could stop rebooting my machine every day because of this annoying problem.

It seems to be a great card besides this issue, and was wondering if there will be a patch or update that will fix this error. I really don't want to RMA this card, as I don't believe it is this card itself, but a general problem with this model.

Solution
If a lot of other people are having the same problem it's most likely a problem with the sound card itself. Sound cards aren't exactly a big business and the Asus ones are only good for professional audio. If you're using a soundcard for gaming or entertainment you should go with a Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium Fatality Pro instead. Even it has a few issues but nothing disastrous
If a lot of other people are having the same problem it's most likely a problem with the sound card itself. Sound cards aren't exactly a big business and the Asus ones are only good for professional audio. If you're using a soundcard for gaming or entertainment you should go with a Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium Fatality Pro instead. Even it has a few issues but nothing disastrous

Solution

Xmsteel

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011

Oh, okay. Well, thanks for the information. I guess I just need to save up for a different card then?

Return that card to newegg and get the card that I recommended. I don't know what the rest of your system looks like but I can verify that it works quite well on Intel 6 and 7 series chipsets (although it did have some problems on my old P45 but that could have been due to PSU noise and shitty grounding on the case)

Xmsteel

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011

I'm assuming you can see my computer specs, if not, I listed below.

Corsair CX430 PSU
Asus Xonar DG 5.1 Sound Card
AMD Phenom Quad-Core 9550
NVidia Geforce GTS 250
7GB Ram

I would return it, but I'm afraid the shipping would cost more than the card itself and they wouldn't be able to take it because I did a rebate on it.

Xmsteel

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011
Turns out it was because of (supposedly) DX mode being on. Games don't support it cause a crash and sounds to repeat.

Hopefully turning it off fixed this. Thankjavascript:%20validform(this);s again.