Maybe a bug

Derbixrace

Distinguished
May 26, 2008
so sometimes when i choose a category in the forums it will look like this.

tomshardwarebug.jpg

i wonder if its a bug or not? normaly it shouldnt say what sub-category the thread is in before the threads name and look at those "flags".

randomizer

Champion
I've always seen it like this. The sub category is always shown if you're in a parent category, but not if you're in a sub category. The flags look normal as well. I'm not sure what you see wrong with them.

Derbixrace

Distinguished
May 26, 2008

well this is the way i normally see it

tomshardwarebug1.jpg

now you cant see any "see through" flags in the threads with no replies in but that happens in the first picture.

also now there is no sub-category before the thread name either.

isnt this a bug? i achieved these two different results by pressing the same graphics&display link as i use to. sorry if this isnt a bug but i think its strange :)

I normally see eh Forum as in Post #3 but for one day last week, it showed up as Post #1 so I assumed it to be a bug. I always search through the parent for replies in subscribed threads since the e-mail notification broke down. Maybe this is an occasional glitch connected with the software upgrade.

randomizer

Champion

The disappearing subcategory tags is odd, but the lighter flags is normal. A dark flag is a thread with new replies that you haven't read, while a light flag is a thread that you have read all replies to. Blue means that you've replied, red means that you've only read it.

Derbixrace

Distinguished
May 26, 2008
i know what they mean but i have never gotten light flags before, they have always been dark. i use to have no flags on the threads that i have read all the replies in.

and i have been a member of tomshardware since 2008 i think. started following the forums in 2006 IIRC :)