PC Randomly crashing and restarting... help!

dextaa

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011
Hi, my computer seems to keep crashing and restarting, the specs are as follows:

i5 2500k @ 3.3GHz - ArcticFreezer 13 Pro
ASrock Extreme3 Gen3
GTX 560 Ti - Twin Frozr II
2 HDDs ( 1x1tb and another 1x160gb)
8gb 1600MHz RAM
XFX Pro 650w PSU

I have checked event viewer and there is nothing there appart from a message telling me of an unexpected shutdown. I have already checked the PSU, and the voltages on the rails seem to be consistent and well within the normal voltages. The CPU is fine (temperature wise), my GPU is running hotter than normal (40c idle temps) but im not sure what the problem is? I've run a few CHKDSKs and on my OS hardrive anyway there were no bad sectors.

What else can i try? Im still thinking it could be the hard drives.

birrdd123

Distinguished
May 11, 2012
Have you tried flashing to the latest bios version? If not, try that. Otherwise, perhaps try one stick of RAM at a time, or If it still happens, maybe try running on integrated graphics. Is it restarting at full load only, or randomly?

randomkid

Distinguished

What are you normally doing with your PC when it does the crashing & the restarting? Could it be a bad application?

dextaa

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011
Hi,
thanks for your replies.

It crashes on idle aswell as at full load. It isnt a software issue as i have 2 os' installed on the drive and they both seem to crash. I will try flashing the bios tonight as well as running ubuntu on a usb to see if it still crashes.