t-zones instead of mMode on unlockd AT&T phone

Last response: in Technologies
Share
November 14, 2004 1:41:31 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream,alt.cellular-phone-tech (More info?)

On this or like newsgroup I saw a post describing procedure for adding
T-Mobile's t-zones to a phone with only mMode (previously an AT&T
Motorola v600, but now off contract and unlocked). Cannot find it now.

Does anyone still have this information for reposting?

Thanks in advance.
November 14, 2004 9:25:12 PM

gw wrote:
> On this or like newsgroup I saw a post describing procedure for adding
> T-Mobile's t-zones to a phone with only mMode (previously an AT&T
> Motorola v600, but now off contract and unlocked). Cannot find it now.
>
> Does anyone still have this information for reposting?
>
> Thanks in advance.

https://secure.mouse2mobile.com/clients/tmobileUS/ota_s...
Anonymous
November 15, 2004 12:29:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream,alt.cellular-phone-tech (More info?)

Will that work? I think ATT has locked the firmware on the v600. I have an
unlocked ATT v600 phone and I think that unlocking is not enough, I think
you need to reflash the firmware. I don't want to swear to this, but I'd
really like to know because I also have an Orange contract sim with GPRS
active on it.

Stu

"Rod" <cellular-dude@sprintpcs.com> wrote in message
> gw wrote:
>> On this or like newsgroup I saw a post describing procedure for adding
>> T-Mobile's t-zones to a phone with only mMode (previously an AT&T
>> Motorola v600, but now off contract and unlocked). Cannot find it now.
>>
>> Does anyone still have this information for reposting?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>
> https://secure.mouse2mobile.com/clients/tmobileUS/ota_s...

November 15, 2004 12:44:41 AM

In article <g7Qld.16316$Gm6.6930@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
Stuart Friedman <stu@nospam.na> wrote:

>"Rod" <cellular-dude@sprintpcs.com> wrote in message
>> gw wrote:
>>> On this or like newsgroup I saw a post describing procedure for adding
>>> T-Mobile's t-zones to a phone with only mMode (previously an AT&T
>>> Motorola v600, but now off contract and unlocked). Cannot find it now.
>>>
>>> Does anyone still have this information for reposting?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> https://secure.mouse2mobile.com/clients/tmobileUS/ota_s...
>>

>Will that work? I think ATT has locked the firmware on the v600. I have an
>unlocked ATT v600 phone and I think that unlocking is not enough, I think
>you need to reflash the firmware. I don't want to swear to this, but I'd
>really like to know because I also have an Orange contract sim with GPRS
>active on it.

Depends on the phone, I suppose. I have an AT&T Nokia 3595 which has been
unlocked. While mMode appears in the web and multimedia settings as the
default, the setup menu is accessible, and all the remaining slots are
empty and editable. It was no effort to add T-Mobile settings to both
sets.

Recent Motorola phones can "lock" the files containing setup information;
so perhaps the considerations are different.
Anonymous
November 15, 2004 12:57:20 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream,alt.cellular-phone-tech (More info?)

That was my experience with my Nokia 6310i.

!