t-zones instead of mMode on unlockd AT&T phone

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream,alt.cellular-phone-tech (More info?)

On this or like newsgroup I saw a post describing procedure for adding
T-Mobile's t-zones to a phone with only mMode (previously an AT&T
Motorola v600, but now off contract and unlocked). Cannot find it now.

Does anyone still have this information for reposting?

Thanks in advance.
4 answers Last reply
More about zones mmode unlockd phone
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream,alt.cellular-phone-tech (More info?)

    gw wrote:
    > On this or like newsgroup I saw a post describing procedure for adding
    > T-Mobile's t-zones to a phone with only mMode (previously an AT&T
    > Motorola v600, but now off contract and unlocked). Cannot find it now.
    >
    > Does anyone still have this information for reposting?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    https://secure.mouse2mobile.com/clients/tmobileUS/ota_support/
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream,alt.cellular-phone-tech (More info?)

    Will that work? I think ATT has locked the firmware on the v600. I have an
    unlocked ATT v600 phone and I think that unlocking is not enough, I think
    you need to reflash the firmware. I don't want to swear to this, but I'd
    really like to know because I also have an Orange contract sim with GPRS
    active on it.

    Stu

    "Rod" <cellular-dude@sprintpcs.com> wrote in message
    > gw wrote:
    >> On this or like newsgroup I saw a post describing procedure for adding
    >> T-Mobile's t-zones to a phone with only mMode (previously an AT&T
    >> Motorola v600, but now off contract and unlocked). Cannot find it now.
    >>
    >> Does anyone still have this information for reposting?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance.
    >
    > https://secure.mouse2mobile.com/clients/tmobileUS/ota_support/

  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream,alt.cellular-phone-tech (More info?)

    In article <g7Qld.16316$Gm6.6930@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
    Stuart Friedman <stu@nospam.na> wrote:

    >"Rod" <cellular-dude@sprintpcs.com> wrote in message
    >> gw wrote:
    >>> On this or like newsgroup I saw a post describing procedure for adding
    >>> T-Mobile's t-zones to a phone with only mMode (previously an AT&T
    >>> Motorola v600, but now off contract and unlocked). Cannot find it now.
    >>>
    >>> Does anyone still have this information for reposting?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks in advance.
    >>
    >> https://secure.mouse2mobile.com/clients/tmobileUS/ota_support/
    >>

    >Will that work? I think ATT has locked the firmware on the v600. I have an
    >unlocked ATT v600 phone and I think that unlocking is not enough, I think
    >you need to reflash the firmware. I don't want to swear to this, but I'd
    >really like to know because I also have an Orange contract sim with GPRS
    >active on it.

    Depends on the phone, I suppose. I have an AT&T Nokia 3595 which has been
    unlocked. While mMode appears in the web and multimedia settings as the
    default, the setup menu is accessible, and all the remaining slots are
    empty and editable. It was no effort to add T-Mobile settings to both
    sets.

    Recent Motorola phones can "lock" the files containing setup information;
    so perhaps the considerations are different.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream,alt.cellular-phone-tech (More info?)

    That was my experience with my Nokia 6310i.
    "Mike S." <retsuhcs@xinap.moc> wrote in message

    > In article <g7Qld.16316$Gm6.6930@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
    > Stuart Friedman <stu@nospam.na> wrote:
    >>
    >>"Rod" <cellular-dude@sprintpcs.com> wrote in message

    >>> https://secure.mouse2mobile.com/clients/tmobileUS/ota_support/
    >>>

    >>Will that work? I think ATT has locked the firmware on the v600. I have
    >>an
    >>unlocked ATT v600 phone and I think that unlocking is not enough, I think
    >>you need to reflash the firmware. I don't want to swear to this, but I'd
    >>really like to know because I also have an Orange contract sim with GPRS
    >>active on it.
    >
    > Depends on the phone, I suppose. I have an AT&T Nokia 3595 which has been
    > unlocked. While mMode appears in the web and multimedia settings as the
    > default, the setup menu is accessible, and all the remaining slots are
    > empty and editable. It was no effort to add T-Mobile settings to both
    > sets.
    >
    > Recent Motorola phones can "lock" the files containing setup information;
    > so perhaps the considerations are different.

GSM Phones Motorola At&T