Driver for unknown device is not installed install latest driver for the device

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

The safest place to go for driver downloads is the manufacturer's website but since you don't know yours in this instance, go to Control Panel>System>Device Manager and right click the offending device. It will be the one with a yellow question or exclamation mark beside it.

Right clicking brings up the Properties option so then, click the Details tab, then scroll to Hardware IDs and note down the four characters after VEN for Vendor and the four which follow DEV for Device.

Go to http://www.pcidatabase.com and input those details in the relevant boxes and you should be led to the right manufacturer's site for the correct driver.

Thank you and you're vvery welcome. It isn't always smooth running. The maker's name appears as a link but from then on, there's no numeric or alphabetic order to finding the device - just a lot of scrolling. Because I fix PCs for a living, every driver I download, I keep so I have a large collection of my own but I still find myself having to search for one in a major manufacturer's list.

Still beats the risky download sites though and that's why I always post the safer advice.