Disable Windows Update??

Hi,

I have XP with 2 of my younger kids signed up as users.
The Automatic Windows Update shows up as an icon in the
right part of the task bar. I don't want it to prompt my
10 year to download SP2! Can I get rid of it for their
log in, but keep it on my task bar?

Thanks,

J Lo

use your admin controls

allow your kids to only use your computer using the limited account. only
you should use an account that has admin privileges.

limited accounts cannot install or uninstall applications, much less mess
with the computer in general.

hope this help.
--
Regards,
Dennis Lazo

the email address from where this message has been sent from is unmonitored.
e-mails may be sent at http://dennislazo.com/email/.
information herein is provided as is with no warranties, and confers no
rights.

"J Lo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have XP with 2 of my younger kids signed up as users.
> The Automatic Windows Update shows up as an icon in the
> right part of the task bar. I don't want it to prompt my
> 10 year to download SP2! Can I get rid of it for their
> log in, but keep it on my task bar?
>
> Thanks,
>
> J Lo

Hi,

This is exactly what I want to do, but an just learning
XP. I have XP Home, not XP Pro. How do I restrict their
account? (Maybe I will restrict my husband's account
too - smile!).

J Lo

TRENDING THREADS