Audio problem in 1st build ;~;

LarryJ89

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011
Just a day and a half ago, I completed my 1st desktop build. All the parts were fully functional, everything installed including software, ran beautifully. As of today, left for 20 minutes during a youtube video, came back and the audio has this horrible echo/static effect to it. Plugged headphones into the desktop, sounds wonderful. Through the HDTV, horrible again. I have no idea why it would change so suddenly and would greatly appreciate any help. I'm using an Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/gen 3, gpu is a gtx 570 with a DVI to HDMI cable. 1st thing that comes to mind is that I may have damaged the pci-e slot? install went smooth, but it hangs just a tiny bit from the weight, but it does have some support from the other expansion slots I think. <_<;; it bugged me so I started lifting it up gently to see what the difference was.

LarryJ89

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011
When I check the control panel it says the default audio device is Nvidia digital audio, so GPU? It's connected straight from the back of the video card to the tv's hdmi port via dvi/hdmi cable. If not the GPU, it would have to be onboard because I didn't install a seperate sound card.

LarryJ89

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011
I had no idea :(. It was working fine since I've had it until about an hour or so ago now. This is my only TV, and it doesn't have a DVI port; the video card does have a mini-hdmi, would that work smooth, or cause similar problems down the line? <__> I'm still worried I twiddled the card/pci-e slot to death...

LarryJ89

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011

I'm sorry, I didn't really know where to post and since the problem seemed to stem from my gpu I thought this made the most sence. Where is the proper place?