Upgrading GTS 250 512mb (70$ budget)

Thatguy23

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Trying to buy it this week (today), the budget is 70$ (strict budget)

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: I want to use it for gaming, 23" display, and im looking for something that can run BF3 on medium at least (i hear the 6570 can do that and its on deal today ~cyber monday)

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: Thermatelk (or whatever) 800w

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: got a q9550 quad cpu yorkfield at 2.83ghz and 4 gigs of ram and my mobo is a MSI P45 NEO2

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: newegg and tiger direct (preferably new egg since i get the stuff i order in 2 days)

PARTS PREFERENCES: I don't mind which make of the card it is whether it be xfx or msi etc or ati or nvidia bla bla bla

OVERCLOCKING: no

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1680 x 1050 but right now I'm running at 1280 x 1024

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Just looking for something to replace my GTS 250 it started artifacting on me after a long hot summer of gaming (go figure), I have a good case with nice air flow so don't worry (antec 900) but I beat it up that's why it died on me lol.

Forgot to mention I don't like doing MIR so preferably 70ish without MIR (if its 70ish and with MIR its cheaper then that its fine, but if its like 100$ BEFORE MIR I cant manage that atm)

Thatguy23

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011

I was just now looking over the comparison on newegg and i see what u mean lol I should always use that compare feature to side by side what I'm going to buy. I love the card you linked but I forgot to mention that I'm not trying to MIR, I've had bad experiences with that in the past :( I will clear that up in my initial post. Thanks for the quick reply Helltech