Xbox 360 Price Announced: $299 No Hard Drive - $399 with H..

Tags:
  • Console Gaming
  • Games
  • Xbox 360
  • Video
  • Microsoft
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
August 17, 2005 4:42:08 PM

Archived from groups: uk.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,rec.games.video.sega (More info?)

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/9018/Microsoft-Announces-...
Microsoft Announces Xbox 360 Price
By: César A. Berardini - "Cesar"
Aug. 17th, 2005 6:42 am

Ending weeks of speculation about which upcoming video game platform will
give gamers the most bang for their buck, today at the German Games
Convention, Microsoft Corp. revealed that consumers can get their hands on
Xbox 360 - the most powerful and feature-packed next-generation video game
and entertainment system - for as little as $299.99 U.S./?299.99/£209.99
starting this holiday season. For gamers who want to experience the ultimate
digital entertainment thrill ride, Microsoft also announced a model with
hundreds of dollars worth of accessories for $399.99 U.S./?399.99/£279.99,
giving consumers the definitive entertainment experience at an unbelievable
value right out of the box.

The Xbox 360 and Xbox 360 Core System - along with an impressive lineup of
high-definition game titles from the world's best publishers and
developers - will make their debut in North America, Europe and Japan in
time for this Christmas holiday, several months ahead of the competition.
Although details for the Japan launch will be addressed at the Tokyo Game
Show in September, the unprecedented three-region launch signifies an
industry first. The Xbox 360 platform will deliver the most powerful
console, the best games, the next generation of the Xbox Live service, and
amazing digital entertainment experiences never seen in console
entertainment.

"The sheer entertainment value of Xbox 360 cannot be overstated," said
Robbie Bach, chief Xbox officer for Microsoft. "While the system has the
muscle to power awe-inspiring graphics, audio and online play, it's also got
the intelligence to serve as a one-of-a-kind entertainment device that plays
CDs, DVDs, MP3s and digital content from an array of devices, including
portable music players and digital cameras."

With its built-in Ethernet port and free Silver level of service right out
of the box, Xbox 360 also connects players to Xbox Live, the premier global
online console games and entertainment network.

With Xbox Live, gamers can chat with friends online, build and share gamer
profiles, send and receive text and voice messages, and access Xbox Live
Marketplace for new content such as game demos, trailers and casual games
from Xbox Live Arcade. Subscribers to the Gold level of service will also
enjoy access to online multiplayer gaming in their favorite games, as well
as great promotional programs such as worldwide tournaments, the chance to
play online with their favorite celebrities, and opportunities to win big
prizes.

For gamers who want the ultimate experience (and the best value) right out
of the box, Microsoft will offer the $399.99 U.S./?399.99/£279.99 Xbox 360
console. This premium edition - distinguished by signature metallic
detailing on the console itself - comes fully loaded for the ultimate gaming
experience, with components and accessories that would cost more than $200
if sold separately:

a.. Xbox 360 console. Sexy styling that packs a punch - three powerful
core processors are poised to pump out 720p/1080i output, 16x9 cinematic
aspect ratio, anti-aliasing for smooth textures, full surround sound and DVD
playback right out of the box.
b.. Xbox 360 Hard Drive (20 GB). 20 GB and detachable, the hard drive
allows gamers to store their games, music, downloaded trailers, levels,
demos and community-created content from Xbox Live Marketplace.
c.. Xbox 360 Wireless Controller. Hassle-free high-performance precision
wireless gaming features the Xbox Guide Button for quick access to digital
movies, music and games libraries as well as a range and battery life of up
to 30 feet and 30 hours of life on two AA batteries.
d.. Xbox 360 Faceplate. The removable Faceplate comes in stylish "chill"
(white) and can be swapped out with custom Faceplates to reflect gamers'
personalities or decor.
e.. Xbox 360 Headset. This lets gamers strategize with teammates or
trash-talk opponents while playing games on Xbox Live.
f.. Xbox 360 Component HD-AV Cable. This connects gamers to the world of
Xbox 360 games and graphics through high-definition and standard-definition
connections.
g.. Xbox Live Silver membership. With this, gamers can chat with friends
online, send and receive voice and text messages, and access new content
from Xbox Live Marketplace demos such as trailers and casual games from Xbox
Live Arcade.
h.. A bonus Media Remote: Included for a limited time, the integrated
control center for the entire digital experience lets consumers play DVDs,
movies and music, as well as access their Windows® XP Media Center Edition
2005-based PC's controls with a single remote.

At $299.99 U.S./?299.99/£209.99, the Xbox 360 Core System comes standard
with what consumers need to jump right into next-generation games and media,
and is fully expandable to the complete Xbox 360 experience:

a.. Xbox 360 console. As with the premium edition, three powerful core
processors pump out 720p/1080i output, 16x9 cinematic aspect ratio,
anti-aliasing for smooth textures, full surround sound and DVD playback
right out of the box.
b.. Xbox 360 Controller. This wired controller features an extended
nine-foot cable and a comfortable, enhanced ergonomic design.
c.. Xbox 360 Faceplate. Like no other console before, the Xbox 360 console
allows customization and a removable Faceplate that comes in stylish "chill"
(white), which can be swapped out with other custom Faceplates to reflect
gamers' personalities or decor.
d.. Xbox 360 Standard AV Cable. This connects gamers to the world of Xbox
360, delivering great next-generation graphics and games using
standard-definition connections.

The Xbox 360 console also comes ready for customization. With an array of
Xbox 360 accessories, gamers can trick out their systems to suit their
individual tastes and personalize their experiences. In addition to an
ever-growing selection of eye-catching Faceplates ($19.99
U.S./?19.99/£14.99), Xbox 360 Controller (estimated retail price $39.99
U.S./?34.99/£24.99*) and Component HD AV Cable (estimated retail price
$39.99 U.S./?29.99/£19.99*), the lineup includes a wealth of accessories
that brings next-generation gaming entertainment to its optimum:

Xbox 360 Hard Drive (20 GB). 20 GB and detachable, the hard drive allows
gamers to store their games, music, downloaded trailers, levels, demos and
community-created content from Xbox Live Marketplace and more (estimated
retail price $99.99 U.S./?99.99/£69.99*).

Xbox 360 Memory Unit (64 MB). Easily portable, this lets gamers save games,
in-game achievements and unique gamer profiles for quick and easy access on
the go (estimated retail price $39.99 U.S./?34.99/£22.99*).

Xbox 360 Wireless Controller. The same hassle-free high-performance
precision wireless gaming that comes with the premium edition features the
Xbox Guide Button for quick access to digital movies, music and games
libraries as well as a range and battery life of up to 30 feet and 30 hours
of life on two AA batteries (estimated retail price $49.99
U.S./?44.99/£32.99*).

Xbox 360 Play & Charge Kit. This allows plug and play for high-performance,
precision wireless gaming with the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller. Gamers will
be given ample warning when the end of battery life is nearing so they can
connect the Play & Charge cable for uninterrupted play (estimated retail
price $19.99 U.S./?19.99/£14.99*).

Xbox 360 rechargeable battery pack. This provides up to 25 hours of gameplay
for wireless gaming fun (estimated retail price $11.99 U.S./?14.99/£9.99*).

Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter. With this, gamers can chat with
friends and play games via Xbox Live, as well as stream videos and music to
Xbox 360 from a Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005-based PC, all without
the clutter of wires (estimated retail price $99.99 U.S./?79.99 /£59.99*).

Xbox 360 Headset. This heightens the Xbox Live experience by letting gamers
strategize with teammates or trash-talk opponents while playing games
(estimated retail price $19.99 U.S./?19.99/£14.99*).

Xbox 360 Universal Media Remote. Sold as an accessory, this integrated
control center for the entire digital experience lets consumers play DVDs,
movies and music, as well as control a TV and their Windows XP Media Center
Edition 2005-based PC controls with a single controller (estimated retail
price $29.99 U.S./?29.99/£19.99*).

Xbox 360 S-Video AV Cable (U.S. only) Xbox 360 SCART AV Cable (Europe only).
This versatile cable works for both high-definition and standard-definition
TVs that use S-Video or composite video inputs. It provides optimal audio
and video signal transfer (estimated retail price $29.99
U.S./?24.99/£17.99*).

Xbox 360 VGA HD AV Cable. Gamers can experience high-definition gaming on
flat-panel TV or VGA monitors. This cable provides optimal audio and video
signal transfer (estimated retail price $39.99 U.S./?29.99/£19.99*).

"With both the Xbox 360 and the Xbox 360 Core System, we're offering
consumers real choice and real value," said Peter Moore, corporate vice
president of worldwide marketing and publishing for the Home Entertainment
Division at Microsoft. "We're bringing true next-generation experiences into
gamers' living rooms this Christmas holiday."

More about : xbox 360 price announced 299 hard drive 399

Anonymous
August 17, 2005 10:43:12 PM

Highlander wrote:
> [...]
> This versatile cable works for both high-definition and standard-definition
> TVs that use S-Video or composite video inputs. It provides optimal audio
> and video signal transfer (estimated retail price $29.99
> U.S./?24.99/£17.99*).
>
> Xbox 360 VGA HD AV Cable. Gamers can experience high-definition gaming on
> flat-panel TV or VGA monitors. This cable provides optimal audio and video
> signal transfer (estimated retail price $39.99 U.S./?29.99/£19.99*).
>
> "With both the Xbox 360 and the Xbox 360 Core System, we're offering
> consumers real choice and real value," said Peter Moore, corporate vice
> president of worldwide marketing and publishing for the Home Entertainment
> Division at Microsoft. "We're bringing true next-generation experiences into
> gamers' living rooms this Christmas holiday."

LMFAO OUR MAJOR SPAMMER RETURNS WITH YE OLD NEWS. :^s

--------------------THIS WEEKS CD PLAY-----------------
----------- Ministry Of Sound Ibiza Annual 2005 -------
August 18, 2005 1:37:30 AM

Archived from groups: uk.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,rec.games.video.sega (More info?)

I just had to cut all the info.
First of all, its pretty lame and annoying to read in PS2 newsgroup
Xbox, the biggest, greatest news..
Secondly, $299 without HD. Mm...somewhere i was reading that Betseda
didn't want to release "their" greatest RPG of all time on the PS3,
because it had no HD. Thats same as anoying as all those tease and
marketings news.

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 12:42:08 -0500, <Highlander> wrote:

> http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/9018/Microsoft-Announces-...

Bye
Joerg

--
no news today....
August 18, 2005 7:27:44 PM

Archived from groups: uk.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,rec.games.video.sega (More info?)

I think this is lame. Allard stated that in order to play the old
Xbox games then you'll need a hard drive. So what this
means is that if you want to play your investment of Xbox games
then you'll need to buy the fancier model.
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 7:27:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,rec.games.video.sega (More info?)

"Chris Fowler" <cfowler@opsup.com> wrote in message
news:p an.2005.08.18.19.27.42.798367@opsup.com...

>I think this is lame. Allard stated that in order to play the old
> Xbox games then you'll need a hard drive. So what this
> means is that if you want to play your investment of Xbox games
> then you'll need to buy the fancier model.

......... or the XBox you already have....
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 8:04:34 PM

Archived from groups: uk.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,rec.games.video.sega (More info?)

"ScoopeX" <scoopex@scoopex.co.uk> ha scritto nel messaggio

learn to quote, please.
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 9:38:59 PM

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 14:48:04 -0500, Fred Liken wrote:
> ........ or the XBox you already have....

Is that really a good argument. All the Xbox units out there are
aging and many have DVD problems. My dad bough one around summer of
2002 and his DVD is gone. I bought mine that fall and thankfully
mine is still good. When I travel I take my system with me. I do
not want to take both with me.

Honestly I prefer the PS2. The library of games is so much
better on the PS2. I'm not even got plans on buying the
X360. I can only afford one and my target is the PS3. If it
can play PS1 and PS2 games then it will have a better library.
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 9:39:00 PM

news:p an.2005.08.18.21.38.57.387651@opsup.com...

>> ........ or the XBox you already have....
>
> Is that really a good argument. All the Xbox units out there are
> aging and many have DVD problems. My dad bough one around summer of
> 2002 and his DVD is gone. I bought mine that fall and thankfully
> mine is still good. When I travel I take my system with me. I do
> not want to take both with me.

Then it sounds like you might want pay extra for the XBox with the
additional functionality that other people can just use their old XBoxes
for. Doesn't change the fact that if it isn't worth the extra 100 dollars
to you to play them on the 360 rather than the XBox, then you need not pay
that ammount.

Honestly, it's not doing anything more for the extra cash that would
necessarily split the market.
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 10:02:07 PM

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 16:49:32 -0500, Fred Liken wrote:
> Honestly, it's not doing anything more for the extra cash that would
> necessarily split the market.

Then you got to think about the number of developers that will
support the extra version with HDD instead of doing the
easy thing ant program for the unit that is the most sold.
August 22, 2005 7:01:51 AM

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:27:44 -0400, Chris Fowler <cfowler@opsup.com> wrote:

>I think this is lame. Allard stated that in order to play the old
>Xbox games then you'll need a hard drive. So what this
>means is that if you want to play your investment of Xbox games
>then you'll need to buy the fancier model.

Odds are they're hoping that people will get the less expensive version and
then add a hard drive, wireless controller, charging station (unless they
include it) remote control, etc.. It's a bit ironic to see them offering
the hard drive as basically opetional when they lambasted Sony for having
the drive optional for the PS2. Plus now what do developers do since
they're not guaranteed to have that drive there? *shakes head*

--
Scott
!