Sign in with
Your question

BSOD's after win 7 boot up

Last response: in Windows 7
January 5, 2012 2:04:33 PM

Hi,

Guys, see if you can help me with this... a few minutes after I boot my win 7 64bit I'm getting BSOD's, some comes with no message, others comes with SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, that happens when I go play a 'heavy' game, watch videos on media player, or even simply browsing around after boot. When the BSOD comes up my system reboots and then, everything works fine until my machine is shut down for a period of time...

This day I just booted up and ran prime95, in about 3 minutes it BSODs, it would reboot and start win 7 again, then I ran prime95 again and now 20 min passed without a problem... at first I tought it would be my RAM, so i traded em for the ones in the specs bellow, I haven't the faintest idea of what could be causing this since it would only BSOD once, and after the reboot, it would get solved by itself for the rest of the day, no more BSODs...

My PC
Phenom II X4 965 BE
Dominators 2x4gb pc12800
M4A89GTD PRO/ USB3
Radeon HD 5870
Corsair SSD 120GB Force series SATA 3GB
Corsair PSU 650W

no overclocks, I am just using the XMS profile for the memories, at 9-9-9-24 2T 1.65V 1600MHZ as specified by the manufacturer...

I purchased new memories because before i had a pair of G.skill 12800 2x2gb, and one day i removed one module from slot 3 (dual channel on slot 1 and 3) and then everything seemed to work perfectly for until my new modules arrived, yet ive installed the dominators and the problem came back...

any help on this would be sincerely appreciated

More about : bsod win boot

January 5, 2012 3:37:50 PM

I would start with the BIOS. Upgrade to the latest version (if there is one). Then go into the BIOS and check all settings.
m
l
January 5, 2012 4:00:58 PM

Done that, I forgot to mention, updated the bios to the latest 3207 version, also drivers are up to date, even my SSD firmware was updated, win 7 is also up to date.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
January 5, 2012 5:28:33 PM

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION basically means a key windows service crashed. This typically means some form of hardware failure, as windows services are very, very stable.

First thing to test is RAM; use memtest86 to validate.
m
l
January 6, 2012 2:01:59 PM

Memtest passed, no errors, left it there for about 4 hours... still no clue, exchanged memory slots from 1-3 to 2-4. cleared CMOS, didnt messed with anything besides setting AHCI mode enable and changed memory speeds to DOCP Profile 1, wich is the rated 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24 1.65V 2T rated. ill run memtest again later on slots 2-4 se if i find anything , but im pretty sure my RAM is ok, since there are brand new, and the problem is happening since my old Ripjaws G.skill ram modulos... what can i do now ? :sarcastic: 
m
l
!