My pc is newly upgrade. Is my system good?

dagasaitim

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
Hey guys i have newly upgrade my pc heres the specs

i5 2500k
G.Skill 1600mhz 4gb
Asrock z68 pro3 gen3
EVGA GTS 450 ddr5
FSP HEXA 500watts 80+ efficiency
1366 by 768 Screen

PS: The gpu and Psu comes from my old pc and im still using it cause im on tight budget thats why. But if i have again money i will upgrade my videocard.

My question is. Is my system good? Any comments and suggestion?

By the way games i want to play on High settings : GTA IV,CRYSIS 1$2,BF3,PROTOTYPE,BLACK OPS,JUST CAUSE 2,DEADSPACE 2

ebalong

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2011
Save money and upgrade video card. I'm not sure about your existing power supply though, if you are overclocking that 2500K the psu may not cut it for anything GTX-560ti and above.

http://extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine

Of course, the new Kepler cards are more efficient and consume less power per performance level. If you can wait a little bit for Nvidia to come out with the GTX-660 versions, maybe those will be able to fit within your current power supply's capacity. I haven't checked any of the new Radeon cards, but if I am not mistaken they draw slightly more power than the GTX-6xx series (or maybe that's backwards).

The system looks fine, except for the GPU and PSU (acceptable for the GPU you have, but since you're gonna upgrade later, no issues at this point). If you want to do more than just gaming, I would recommend an extra 4GB or RAM, also.

At that res, you MAY just barely be able to play at high quality, since a res that low is more dependent on CPU power (which the 2500K has plenty of). The GTS 450 will absolutely hold you back a little though, especially in Crysis, GTA IV and BF3.

Nothing wrong with it at all, it IS a great PSU, but it might be on the edge or marginal for a better GPU. I'm one of THOSE people, lol, that likes to go a little higher than absolutely necessary, on the PSU.

I don't think that particular one is a Gold Series, though.

Oh, got it! Haha, although, for a single GPU like a GTX 560 Ti or something it should work. I wouldn't SLi or CF though! :lol: