Thermaltake Overseer + Corsair Hydro Series Block

Jacky444

Distinguished
May 7, 2008
Hello,

I'm wondering, I have currently a setup of Nuctoa NH-U12P cooler and i have troubles with space because of 200mm fan on side of my chassis Thermaltake Overseer.

My Question, is it possible to add any of Corsair Hydro Series water cooler on the top of chassis? It does have some mounting stuff prepared but i don't understand how to check if its supported or not. Also will my temps drop anyhow because of this?

Its approximately 80 euros upgrade for me so i want to benefit on something :D

My Temps on 4.4GHZ are currently on full load around 68°C (I want to go over but doesn't seem to be stable (CPU Limit ?))

Thanks in advance.

I hope i asked clearly enough !

airdeano

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012
from the case's website, they only have a 200mm fan no 120/140 fan support in the roof. so using one of the corsair hydro solutions is gunna be a fabrication work on your end.
what are the temps without the side panel fan?
what are the temps of your SLI with and without the fan?
if its 2-3° higher, dump the panel fan. if its 5-10° more, you'll have to find a better fit for a CPU heatsink. looking at the website again, they've got their big heatsink on, but can not see if the fans in the panel. i bet not, since it is "optional".

airdeano

Jacky444

Distinguished
May 7, 2008
I really love the chassis to be honest, it cools my cpu for almost 8°C more then my previous. Fans are almost totally silent.

Yeah I guess i bought aether too big side fan or because its optional its not meant to fit with CPU heatsink.
In any case my SLI temp's drop for almost 14°C with side fan so I really can't dump it (76 max gpu temps before up to 90). Though i fit the heatsink link some how in, but its touching the fan so it makes extra noise. Though not so much.

Anyway I was thinking of going this block solution for better temps/less noise. Though i realized it seems i can't reach higher OC then 4.4GHz my CPU chip keeps BSOD-ing. Tried many diff voltages/Load vcore level values and I just can't seem to get it stable. Temps with 4.8GHz (1.42 vcore) are around 75 on FULL load but its unstable so doesn't help me :D

I asked because i saw some tutorial or video (forgot where) that they made it very easy on this chassis to put the water block on top of chassis by using screws. It looked pretty decent solution.

Thanks for reply, I'm still not giving up, maybe some one with my experience will share it =)

airdeano

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012
the simplest would be the H100 solution, but your case will be difficult to install. you can use the phoyba 200mm radiator, but now we are spending much larger dollars. in the range of $250-350.

airdeano

Jacky444

Distinguished
May 7, 2008
Agh, Rather not complicate stuff then :) I'll save for new GTX670 then. It meybe doesn't beat my SLI but its sure less power consumption and heat =) And ofc enough power for gaming :D