Solved

Athlon X2 and 6670

I am planning out a build that is ment to be as cheap as possible. I have in it a Athlon II X2 250 at 3.0Ghz and 4GB of 1333Mhz G.Skill RAM and a AMD Radeon 6670 DDR3 Do you think the Athlon is too weak for the GPU?
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about athlon 6670
  1. Best answer
    That is about as close as a match as you can get. To get the most performance overclock your GPU then you should be solid.

Your CPU is actually able to utilize something a little faster (GTS 250/9800 GTX+ like) I would know because I had this CPU.
  2. whooleo said:
    That is about as close as a match as you can get. To get the most performance overclock your GPU then you should be solid.

Your CPU is actually able to utilize something a little faster (GTS 250/9800 GTX+ like) I would know because I had this CPU.

How much more performance, and also aren't those cards a little outdated compared to the 6670?
  3. Probably 10-20% depending on how much you overclock, what you overclock on the card and how far it will go. Yes, those cards are out dated but are just for comparison.
  4. Ah, kool thank you.
  5. Best answer selected by yojo98.
  6. I had the AMD 250 before with a ATi Radion 4870x2 witch was fine no bottleneck without and sort of OC although i did get my 250 from 3.0Ghz to 4.0Ghz, Very good overclocker
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs