FX530 internals in new case?

thecman02

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2007
I got a FX530xt off ebay with quadcore and everything else for a steal, however I'm worried about future upgradeabillity. It doesn't have a Dx10 card, so I will want to purchase one in a few months or so. Reading online says that their isn't enough room for a two slot graphics card :-/ I really want a 8800, or better when they get 65nm. If I got a BTX compatible case like this one, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133021 would that be the answer to my problems? I just need the clearance for the dang gpu. I guess I could buy a 680i motherboard, but i'd have to put it off for awhile cause I'm going to be poor for awhile. I'm really bummed that I couldn't put the 8800 in the bottom pciexpress slot, but it only runs 4x. So that's not an option. I'm not worried about voiding the warranties or anything. Just let me know what you guys think.

thecman02

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2007
judging by the lack of response.... i'll assume that nobody can give me a definite answer if transplanting internals to a new tower would work. Will I have any problems putting the components on a ATX MB and new tower if i got a quadcore compatible mb and what not?

monst0r

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2007
hi, no you won't have to reinstall your os by switching mobos (i just did that). you might need to reinstall if you do a severe upgrade to the system (e.g. cpu, gpu) in which you'd need to reinstall.

rabidbunny

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
hi, no you won't have to reinstall your os by switching mobos (i just did that). you might need to reinstall if you do a severe upgrade to the system (e.g. cpu, gpu) in which you'd need to reinstall.

Uh, as far as I know you would NEED to reinstall windowz. This is because of the motherboard's drivers are installed along with windowz.
You won't need to reinstall your os if you upgrade your cpu ONLY and your mobo's bios supports it. you also don't need to reinstall the os if you upgrade teh graphics card, only the graphics drivers.

fate0n3

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2006
I do not know much about this particular case/computer so in that department I can not help but I can give some help on installing of a new motherboard. If you replace the Motherboard I HIGHLY recommend you do a fresh reinstall. Rabidbunny is correct most motherboard drivers will be installed with the actual installation of windows. Also motherboards require chipset drivers to be installed once windows is installed also another reason to do a fresh install especially if you are changing motherboards. Now if you are replacing this motherboard with the SAME exact one no need to reinstall just replace and kick back on. And I would not call a GPU, CPU a severe upgrade. I would rate changing motherboard a lot higher then those too. You can change both the CPU and GPU and windows will not care (although you will have to uninstall older GPU drivers and install the new ones for the new GPU). But windows will boot with no problems aslong as it they both are installed correctly. Changing CPU you do not have to do anything just boot up. Motherboards require new chipset drivers, LAN Drivers, Audio Drivers, and BIOS updates if available etc, etc, etc. Hope this helps some.