chrisator

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012
I've made quite a few posts here and around other forums, and after all the changes I made this is the final build I'm left with.

Computer Case X-Blade Black
CPU Intel Core i5 2500K Unlocked (4 x 3.3GHz) 6MB
CPU Heatsink Arctic Cooling Freezer 13
Memory Corsair 8GB XMS3 PC3-12800 1600MHz (2x4GB) - Lifetime Warranty (DDR3)
Graphics Card 1280MB EVGA GTX 570 HD Superclocked, 40nm, 3900MHz GDDR5, GPU 797MHz, Shader 1594MHz, 480 Cores
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 (Intel Z68)
Sound Card Motherboard Integrated HD Sound
Networking Motherboard Integrated Ethernet Lan (Broadband Ready)
Power Supply Cooler Master 750W PSU - Low Noise ( or Corsair 700W Gaming PSU - Low Noise at the same price)
Hard Drive #1 60GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD SATA-III, Read 525MB/s, Write 475MB/s – Silent
Hard Drive #2 700 GB SATA-II HDD 7200 RPM 16MB
Optical Drive #1 Samsung 24x DVD Re-Writer/Reader /- RW- Black - Lightscribe (SATA)
Operating System #1 Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64 BIT (Genuine DVD & COA Included)

I've literally gone way over budget now, and can barely afford the PC as it is at 1130 pounds($1 780), but if there are any extremely necessary changes to make, let me know please. I chose the Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 for cooling since it was the cheapest one I could find, would it suffice?

As for the SSD being only 60gb, I basically only need my windows and WoW to be in that drive, the rest I am not too bothered with.

As for the PSU, I could possibly go up to the Corsair 800W Gaming PSU - Low Noise but anything higher would just cost me far too much. So I'm wondering is there a point in going to 800, or should I simply wait until I decide to go SLI, and buy a new power supply as well when I do.

I used computerplanet for my pricing, and live in England.

Appreciate any and all help!

r0aringdrag0n

Distinguished
Hello! You're build looks great! If you say it is over your budget, you can definitely make it somewhat cheaper. I don't know what store you perfer to buy from, but these are from NewEgg:

Switch the Motherboard to the ASRock Extreme 3 Z68 $122 @ NewEgg:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157271

It is a great motherboard with lots of features. It has 2 PCIe 3.0 slots for SLI/CF in the future, if you wish. I would not go with the ASUS board because of the price. If you asked me to choose a motherboard, I would say anything over $150 is NOT worth it.

If you don't mind switching the case, you can find the Rosewill Challenger a few dollars cheaper:
http://www.amazon.com/Rosewill-CHALLENGER-Computer-Fans-1x-Fans-2x/dp/B003YVJJ5Y
It's a great case that was designed for gaming machines, therefore, your video card will fit (even the long ones)

Finally, I would change the Power Supply. The CM 750W is not only overkill, but not as reliable as brands such as Corsair, Seasonic, FSP, and some Antec brands. Even if you're going to SLI, you won't need more than 650W, so if you wish, go with the Corsair 700W PSU. If you wish to save some money, yet get a good PSU, then the Antec EarthWatt 750W is perfect:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371051