i3 2105 with intel HD3000 graphics
Gskill Sniper 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM
Corsair 650w power supply
Western Digital 500GB caviar blue SATAIII 6GB/sec
Happuage 2250 and 1600 TV Tuners
Canon MP600 printer
LG 47" lcd TV
Windows 7 home premium

I use the HDMI connection to the TV for display.I only use the onboard intel graphics.
The problem is, periodically, the display goes static with black and yellow checkerboards overlaying the current page. The computer is locked up when this happens so I have to restart.
I have updated all drivers and the BIOS and it still happens.Used a RGB cable and it still happens. Pulled the tuner cards out and it still happens. No rhyme or reason to when it happens ,no particular program or activity.CPU temps run in the 80 deg F to 90 deg F even under load.
I've checked other forums and haven't seen this problem specifically but there have been other problems with this board. I want to exhaust all other options before I RMA the motherboard. Any advice is welcome because I'm at the end of my expertise.I'm sure I probably forgot some important piece of info so please ask and I will supply.

More about : display problem

February 11, 2012 3:07:49 AM

That was one of the problems addressed with the new Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver recently released. Download the new driver EXE file for your O/S and run it. It will replace the old driver with the new improved driver.
http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/highlights/graphic...
m
l
February 20, 2012 10:05:18 AM

Updated driver already and was still having the issue. Looked at error log and were some errors involving the Virtu software. Downloaded it even though I don't have a graphics card just for future use. Uninstalled it and have not had the problem since so i think that was the culprit. Just glad it was not a hardware problem.Thanks for the help!
m
l
!