1550$ New Build Help

brokenice

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
Hey Everyone,

I want to build a new PC. I have built quite a few in the past but I haven't been keeping up to date with technology over the past year, so I decided to come to you all for some help on a new build.

Approximate Purchase Date: Within the next 1-3days. I am actually planning to buy some parts today if I get a response.

Budget Range: $1550 After rebates.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Specifically GAMING. That is my number one priority. Then video editing.

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: microcenter.com, newegg.com, amazon.com, ncix.

Parts Preferences: Would like to go with nVidia and Intel.

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: Sli

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: Performance is the #1 priority. I don't really care about noise volumes and such or bling. Also, would like a motherboard that could be compatible with upcoming hardware in the future.

Also, thank you to everyone for taking the time into helping me out. I appreciate everything. =)

brokenice

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
Yea, I hear some good things about ASRock and some iffy things. I just feel safer sticking with ASUS, although, if it ends up saving me some money that I can put into something else, I can go with ASRock.

Now just for the other parts. o.o

Well, when I had your budget, I was able to fit in the AMD 7970, however, since you specified NVIDIA, the GTX 580 is the second fastest Single GPU on the market. It is about $500, but it will not lessen the quality of your other components. Since you are gonna SLI, two 560ti's work well; however, the 580 beats two 560 ti's ($500) hands down. As for Cooling, the Hyper 212 EVO can safely overclock to about 4.5 GHz. It is around $35 on newegg.

brokenice

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
you think you can give me a list that way I can just add them all up? Do you prefer the 7960 over the nvidia? Also, how are you able to fit into my budget? I have been fiddling with parts and I wasn't able to. Hmm. I must be doing something wrong.