1550$ New Build Help

Hey Everyone,

I want to build a new PC. I have built quite a few in the past but I haven't been keeping up to date with technology over the past year, so I decided to come to you all for some help on a new build.

Approximate Purchase Date: Within the next 1-3days. I am actually planning to buy some parts today if I get a response.

Budget Range: $1550 After rebates.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Specifically GAMING. That is my number one priority. Then video editing.

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: microcenter.com, newegg.com, amazon.com, ncix.

Parts Preferences: Would like to go with nVidia and Intel.

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: Sli

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: Performance is the #1 priority. I don't really care about noise volumes and such or bling. Also, would like a motherboard that could be compatible with upcoming hardware in the future.

Also, thank you to everyone for taking the time into helping me out. I appreciate everything. =)
9 answers Last reply
More about 1550 build help
  1. From microcenter, grab an i7-2600K for $280. For Motherboard, try the ASRock Extreme3 Gen3.
  2. I was looking at that as well. What about the P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 LGA 1155 Z68 ATX Intel Motherboard?
  3. That would work as well. ASUS is still more reliable than ASRock for most, so it should be the same for you. However, ASRock isn't bad in the least. :P
  4. Yea, I hear some good things about ASRock and some iffy things. I just feel safer sticking with ASUS, although, if it ends up saving me some money that I can put into something else, I can go with ASRock.

Now just for the other parts. o.o
  5. Well, when I had your budget, I was able to fit in the AMD 7970, however, since you specified NVIDIA, the GTX 580 is the second fastest Single GPU on the market. It is about $500, but it will not lessen the quality of your other components. Since you are gonna SLI, two 560ti's work well; however, the 580 beats two 560 ti's ($500) hands down. As for Cooling, the Hyper 212 EVO can safely overclock to about 4.5 GHz. It is around $35 on newegg.
  6. you think you can give me a list that way I can just add them all up? Do you prefer the 7960 over the nvidia? Also, how are you able to fit into my budget? I have been fiddling with parts and I wasn't able to. Hmm. I must be doing something wrong.
  7. No worries. Take your time. Thank you for everything. =)
  8. I updated my first post. EVO is the best price/performance there is. Antec has that PSU pretty cheap without sacrificing quality.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build New Build Systems Product