PS3 price "confirmed" - $299!!!

Amazon.com is now taking pre-orders on the PS3 at a price of $299.

http://tinyurl.com/84lw9

I kinda doubt this will be the final price given statements by Sony,
but if it does surprise everyone by launching with a $299 price tag
Sony is just going to devastate microsoft in this generation. Who in
their right mind would pay $299 for a stripped-down 360 when they could
pay the same price for a full-featured PS3?

If the PS3 launches at $299, color me damned impressed. That'd show me
that Sony is in it to win it and big. This is blood for blood and by
the gallon. Hot damn I love capitalism.

--
Bill Cable - Steelers Fan & Star Wars Collector
http://CreatureCantina.com <----- funny!

perfect

"Bill Cable" <billcable@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Amazon.com is now taking pre-orders on the PS3 at a price of $299.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/84lw9
>
> I kinda doubt this will be the final price given statements by Sony,
> but if it does surprise everyone by launching with a $299 price tag
> Sony is just going to devastate microsoft in this generation. Who in
> their right mind would pay $299 for a stripped-down 360 when they could
> pay the same price for a full-featured PS3?
>
> If the PS3 launches at $299, color me damned impressed. That'd show me
> that Sony is in it to win it and big. This is blood for blood and by
> the gallon. Hot damn I love capitalism.

Are you sure Amazon is actually taking pre-orders? Looks like they're
simply allowing people to add it to their "wish-list." It would be cool if
the PS3 launched at $299. However, given that Kutaragi is telling people to
work harder/longer for their PS3's... I doubt a $299 price point is very
likely.

steven

coming with a blu-ray drive, not a chance it will be $299 sony would lose
too much money on each console, that would hurt them badly, it would be cool
if that was the case as i would get one aswell as the xbox360, im expecting
more like $499

"steven" <stevep@tscotsman.plus.com> wrote in message
> coming with a blu-ray drive, not a chance it will be $299 sony would lose
> too much money on each console, that would hurt them badly, it would be
> cool if that was the case as i would get one aswell as the xbox360, im
> expecting more like $499

They would be the dumbest company on the face of the earth to do that. I
wouldn't be mad at them for it but I would realize how stupid that would
actually be.