Topping up a Spanish Vodafone Pay as You Go in the UK

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular (More info?)

Topping up a Spanish Vodafone Pay as You Go in the UK

I have been trying without success to top up a Spanish Vodafone
in the UK.

Has anybody got the secret of how to do this?
4 answers Last reply
More about topping spanish vodafone
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular (More info?)

    On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 18:03:56 -0800, semiretired@my-deja.com wrote:

    > Topping up a Spanish Vodafone Pay as You Go in the UK
    >
    > I have been trying without success to top up a Spanish Vodafone
    > in the UK.
    >
    > Has anybody got the secret of how to do this?

    You might be able to top it up online:
    http://www.vodafone.es/
    .... I assume you can read Spanish.

    --
    Michael Turner

    Email (ROT13)

    zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular (More info?)

    michael turner wrote
    >semiretired wrote

    >>Topping up a Spanish Vodafone Pay as You Go in the UK.
    >>I have been trying without success to top up a Spanish Vodafone
    >>in the UK. Has anybody got the secret of how to do this?

    >You might be able to top it up online:
    >http://www.vodafone.es/
    >... I assume you can read Spanish.

    Thanks, but it won't work until I in person have used my
    credit card to top up at a Spanish Bank's ATM

    So - has anybody got the secret of how to top up
    a Spanish Vodafone Pay as You Go in the UK......?
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular (More info?)

    On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 05:29:55 -0800, semiretired@my-deja.com wrote:

    > michael turner wrote
    >>semiretired wrote
    >
    >>>Topping up a Spanish Vodafone Pay as You Go in the UK.
    >>>I have been trying without success to top up a Spanish Vodafone
    >>>in the UK. Has anybody got the secret of how to do this?
    >
    >>You might be able to top it up online:
    >>http://www.vodafone.es/
    >>... I assume you can read Spanish.
    >
    > Thanks, but it won't work until I in person have used my
    > credit card to top up at a Spanish Bank's ATM
    >
    > So - has anybody got the secret of how to top up
    > a Spanish Vodafone Pay as You Go in the UK......?

    When I topped up my UK Voda PAYG phone while in Spain I used a scratch
    card I bought at a Vodafone desk in the Corte Inglés, and I had to phone
    the robot and choose international topups (I think) to read in the number
    from the card. I would have expected it to be quite similar the other way
    round.

    Good luck,

    Agustin
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular (More info?)

    Agustin wrote
    >semiretired wrote:
    >>michael turner wrote
    >>>semiretired wrote

    >>>You might be able to top it up online:
    >>>http://www.vodafone.es/
    >>>... I assume you can read Spanish.

    >>Thanks, but it won't work until I in person have used my
    >>credit card to top up at a Spanish Bank's ATM

    >>So - has anybody got the secret of how to top up
    >>a Spanish Vodafone Pay as You Go in the UK......?

    >When I topped up my UK Voda PAYG phone while in Spain I used a scratch
    >card I bought at a Vodafone desk in the Corte Inglés, and I had to phone
    >the robot and choose international topups (I think) to read in the number
    >from the card. I would have expected it to be quite similar the other way
    >round. Good luck, Agustin

    Thanks.
    I tried that - in a Vodafone shop. The saleslady agreed that I had
    entered the number in the way instructed - but it still would not work.

    Going back to Spain I was able to top up with cash.
    But the story gets worse.
    My non-Spanish credit card was not accepted for topup in an ATM.
    So unless you
    1 Get a Spanish Credit Card.
    2 Use the PIN to top up first in a Spanish ATM.
    You will not be able to top via the Internet in the UK or elsewhere.
    - unless somebody else has found the secret.

    Seriously though, I have been trying to work out why there is a problem.
    I read that some countries will not sell a SIM without some form of
    identity check. Others, like the UK, do not bother.
    I am guessing that Spain has taken a middle way, as using a credit
    card in an ATM with a PIN is an indirect route to having a tab on
    who owns a particular mobile phone number.

GSM Motorola Vodafone