Computer build for the first time. Won't boot to desktop after bios

Bkragll

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
So I just literaly got done building and connectin my comp new comp for the first build I have ever done. I did many pre boot up test to see fans, LEDs, recognition from the motherboard and gfx card. Everything went smooth and well no miss haps or problems. But when I went to plug the monitor into my comp and see if the real test work. It booted up showed me the Asrock bios menu, then went on to a different screen where it asked me to (repair) my system or another chose to boot up normally and either way it went it didn't boot up past that point like it did not recognize my HD. But I went into the bios and found that everything was located.

Help me!!!
Did I wire something wrong?
Do I have to configure something in the bios first?
I have not installed my motherboard software that came with it. Is that the problem?

Well thank you again im in dire need. !

the_creed4

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
Just asking, did you install the OS, to install the drivers you need to install the OS, and if you did, make sure your HDD is completly formatted and has no other drivers on it, also check your boot drive in BIOS, one might not be selected.

Bkragll

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011

Yes the hard drive is from
My previous comp. I was hoping it would transfer over easily. And OS is installed.