Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Gtx 550Ti

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
November 29, 2011 9:42:20 AM

Hi,after doing research over a month,i narrowed down my choices to following cards.this is my final choices as i won't be able increase to my budget to gtx 460 or whatever.

sys. spec:e4600@2.6ghz,2gb ram 667mhz,pci 1.0,monitor:1440 x 900@75 hertz(soon to be updraded)
psu(on the way,need help to decide,budget is max. of USD 30.00

gts 450:asus direct cu and msi cyclone

gtx 550Ti:msi cyclone and leadtek(both oc version)

1.Problem in choosing gts 450 asus or msi is that msi cooler is known to run cooler than asus.
however,asus is known to be a brand for it's quality and very popular,bt overpriced.it's made up of alloy components and claims to have longer live span.Also,have vram heatsink,msi don't have.
so,should i choose msi or asus if i'm buying gts 450.Also hw abt EVGA(know it's g8 4 oc bt totally unneeded)

2.well msi is also well known bt leadtek,is no where on the web,why??nt important.well this is:
i know cyclone is great cooler(my ambient temperature is very high,enough to make sweat 1 easily,like 30 celcius on noon,and i'm running computer for
non-stop 6-8hours/day,so cooling is important 4 me,bt nt too much since i heard,unlike cpu,gpu is able a max temperature of 70c,),

Leadtek is a cheap 1.Saw it have a beefy cooler bt i don't know it's temperature compared to msi.Abt gpu quality/reliablity/most importantly durability,i nvr heard abt leadtek.So,hw does leadtek compares to msi since it's cheaper by USD 10.00.

Lastly,i know gtx 550Ti is better than gts 450,but gtx550 is all oc edition(want to avoid it) and it's leadtek too,is ok brand??
also,don't ask me to buy gtx 460 even the 768mb version,it's a lot pricier in my country(by 10%,out of budget)

So,guys pls help,should i choose leadtek 550 or worthy to grab the msi cyclone.Both are oc,so thinking of going for gts 450,asus or msi.


More about : gtx 550ti

a b U Graphics card
November 29, 2011 11:13:19 AM

Easily the gtx 550 ti if you can afford it.The gts 450 is waaay slower than gts 450 which would struggle if you upgraded your monitor.I would go for MSI because its btter than leadtek.BTW,I just played nfs the run and let me tell you you won't max it out either card.My card is slightly more powerful than the 550 ti and even on medium settings it still goes into the twenties and is actually more demanding than battlefield 3.lol.Upgrading for nfs the run which is a console port is a lost cause
m
0
l
November 29, 2011 12:54:37 PM

celpas said:
Easily the gtx 550 ti if you can afford it.The gts 450 is waaay slower than gts 450 which would struggle if you upgraded your monitor.I would go for MSI because its btter than leadtek.BTW,I just played nfs the run and let me tell you you won't max it out either card.My card is slightly more powerful than the 550 ti and even on medium settings it still goes into the twenties and is actually more demanding than battlefield 3.lol.Upgrading for nfs the run which is a console port is a lost cause


Hey,there check your pc's cpu pls,i saw that game running fluidly on my bro's destop,
acer:i5 2300 and his own graphic card,a hd 6670 1gddr5,
he played the game on medium on dx11(i'm sure).

Anywayi'm nt upgrading solely for nfs run,bt currently that's the game that make gpu's struggle,even gt 240 can run crysis on medium,bt the run,its;??

So,u said,go for msi,it's better than leadtek,ur second 1 to say tat bt can i know why???plsss...reply pls!!
leadtek is sreally cheaper than msi!
m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
November 30, 2011 5:55:09 AM

the run said:
Hey,there check your pc's cpu pls,i saw that game running fluidly on my bro's destop,
acer:i5 2300 and his own graphic card,a hd 6670 1gddr5,
he played the game on medium on dx11(i'm sure).

Anywayi'm nt upgrading solely for nfs run,bt currently that's the game that make gpu's struggle,even gt 240 can run crysis on medium,bt the run,its;??

So,u said,go for msi,it's better than leadtek,ur second 1 to say tat bt can i know why???plsss...reply pls!!
leadtek is sreally cheaper than msi!

1)It depends on your fps preference.The game has a cap to 30 fps which is terribly low and which also means that all cards from the 6670 to the gtx 550 ti will give ONLY 30 fps but the difference is that 550 will give 30 fps at high settings while 6670 at medium settings
2)I currently play the game and my i7 870 overclocked with my gtx 275 still nets me 20 fps in certian areas.So theers no way your friend gets constant 30 fps as even on 6870 it goes to 20 in some areas
3)Round where I live people rate MSI better than leadtek because their quality of cards is better and so is their cooling.My GTX 275 is 1 year old and a MSI model and I can say that the card gave me zero problems till now.Besides their customer service is better than leadtek
m
0
l
November 30, 2011 9:51:33 AM

celpas said:
1)It depends on your fps preference.The game has a cap to 30 fps which is terribly low and which also means that all cards from the 6670 to the gtx 550 ti will give ONLY 30 fps but the difference is that 550 will give 30 fps at high settings while 6670 at medium settings
2)I currently play the game and my i7 870 overclocked with my gtx 275 still nets me 20 fps in certian areas.So theers no way your friend gets constant 30 fps as even on 6870 it goes to 20 in some areas
3)Round where I live people rate MSI better than leadtek because their quality of cards is better and so is their cooling.My GTX 275 is 1 year old and a MSI model and I can say that the card gave me zero problems till now.Besides their customer service is better than leadtek



yup,maybe becoz i don't chck the fps with fraps.

Bt,again srry 4 my dumness,i just waant to cut the cost.
Well,still,i don't understand why msi is said to better quality since,in terms of quality msi uses solid capacitors leadtek also use it,other thing like power phases,seems pretty same.
Cooler,i know cyclone is great bt this 1:
http://www.leadtek.com/eng/3d_graphic/overview.asp?line...
Abt,support,i don't thing this card make much pronlem.
So,here's the thing,i know msi is good bt leadtek is nt good???I u r sure,i have to get the msi>
tq 4 replies
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
November 30, 2011 10:54:39 AM

the run said:
yup,maybe becoz i don't chck the fps with fraps.

Bt,again srry 4 my dumness,i just waant to cut the cost.
Well,still,i don't understand why msi is said to better quality since,in terms of quality msi uses solid capacitors leadtek also use it,other thing like power phases,seems pretty same.
Cooler,i know cyclone is great bt this 1:
http://www.leadtek.com/eng/3d_graphic/overview.asp?line...
Abt,support,i don't thing this card make much pronlem.
So,here's the thing,i know msi is good bt leadtek is nt good???I u r sure,i have to get the msi>
tq 4 replies

Honestly though it differs from country to country.If the leadtek one is significantly cheaper than go for it without hesitation.What I meant was if the differende in cost between cost in leadtek and MSI was not huge then go for MSI one.The leadtek is also a very reputed company so even thats a great choice.I warn you that although the run will run significantly faster than your friend's pc it will still drop fps at times.The game is a poor console port to PC
m
0
l
November 30, 2011 1:29:46 PM

celpas said:
Honestly though it differs from country to country.If the leadtek one is significantly cheaper than go for it without hesitation.What I meant was if the differende in cost between cost in leadtek and MSI was not huge then go for MSI one.The leadtek is also a very reputed company so even thats a great choice.I warn you that although the run will run significantly faster than your friend's pc it will still drop fps at times.The game is a poor console port to PC


thanks 4 answering,so i'm going with the leadtek,it's very rare and hope i don't loose anything for choosing leadtek over msi.tq again.
m
0
l
!