Sign in with
Your question

Why the CP link in forum?

Last response: in Forum Feedback
March 23, 2011 12:49:06 AM

Hey everyone! Been gone for a number of months and was checking out the forum. I noticed a new addition.... It was a CyberPower link under the System Build section of Hardware. It's not a big deal but I'm a little puzzled why CP has its own header for posts? Anyone have any explanation?

I may be overly critical (could be cause i'm tired atm) but I dont care for the idea of a private pc manufacturer getting its brand on Tom's forum. This is an extreme analogy but it's kind of like "Car and Driver" magazine having a space designated for Toyota on their home page.

More about : link forum

March 23, 2011 1:12:30 AM

They have basically paid for their own section of the forum, along with the "featured brands" thing. They didn't receive special attention because we're partial to the company ;) 
Related resources
March 23, 2011 1:16:58 AM

I see.

Thanks Tecmo & Randomizer, that seems less imposing knowing many companies are contributors. I took it out of context, probably because it was the only name that stood out on the broader forum page of links.
March 23, 2011 12:45:41 PM

Those are partner spaces, and yep, they do have their own little spots here on the forums. A lot of times our partners want to engage directly with users regarding their products, and this is a great way to interact with 'em. We've got folks from all sorts of companies - Antec, AMD, CyberPower, Brother Printers, etc.
!