Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Cases
  • Fan Controller
  • Components
  • Product
Last response: in Components
May 12, 2012 1:23:27 PM

I have an Antec 300 Illusion and it has 4 case fans. They have Low/Med/High or Low/High switches... But I would have to open the case each time I want to change the settings, and fish for the wire.

I have done a little looking into fan controllers and came across this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

My biggest concern is that it states only 10 watts per fan... is that enough? And since I can change the fan speed manually, is having a controller a bad idea? Will it interfere?

More about : fan controller

Best solution

a c 159 ) Power supply
May 12, 2012 4:00:02 PM

Azok said:
I have an Antec 300 Illusion and it has 4 case fans. They have Low/Med/High or Low/High switches... But I would have to open the case each time I want to change the settings, and fish for the wire.

I have done a little looking into fan controllers and came across this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

My biggest concern is that it states only 10 watts per fan... is that enough? And since I can change the fan speed manually, is having a controller a bad idea? Will it interfere?

I had an Antec P150 that had Tri-cool fans in them. I never used a fan controller....just left them on low. Always had sufficient airflow and loved the low noise levels. You shouldn't need to change the fan speeds that often...if at all. In this situation I would say that a fan controller is not necessary.
a b ) Power supply
May 12, 2012 4:40:46 PM

Rugger said:
In this situation I would say that a fan controller is not necessary.

No, but it's cool as hell ! :-)

However, if I were you, I wouldn't buy a touch fan controller, especially a 25$ one. They are very hard to control and the "touch" response is usually awful.

I'd go with a Lamptron or the Scythe Kaze Master Pro. I've got the Kaze Master Pro and I'm very happy with my purchase, but I've got 12 fans in my PC. If you only have a couple of fans, then it's totally useless.

Also, 10W per channel should be more than enough, unless you want to chain multiple 38mm thick fans on one channel.

Good shopping !
al360ex
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
May 13, 2012 5:36:24 AM

Best answer selected by Azok.
m
l