Sign in with
Your question

ATI Radeon HD 4670

Tags:
  • Radeon
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 29, 2011 1:25:44 PM

I have an Athlon 64 (O) 3800+ 2.4 GHz processor. Will the ATI Radeon HD4670 be compatible with my processor without bottlenecking? this will be run together with 2gb DDR2 RAM and a 450 watts PSU.

Or can anybody just help me recommend a decent graphics card for my recent specification? i'll be using this for my home theater. this will be connected to my yamaha A/V Reciever via HDMI.

will be used with: 60% HD movies: mp4, mkv, m2ts files
30% music: mp3s, flac, etc....... files
10% gaming: CODMW, CODMW2, counter strike. - i dont mind playing with an average resolution and graphics.

the graphics card should be capable of delivering 7.1 audio through DVI or HDMI. = the graphics card will handle that.

More about : ati radeon 4670

November 29, 2011 1:28:22 PM

It will be fine yes, that card looks a good match for your cpu.
m
l
November 29, 2011 1:55:22 PM

eyefinity said:
It will be fine yes, that card looks a good match for your cpu.

Thank you so much! this is an alternative for my PS3 streaming medias from my desktop through TVersity. PS3 and TVersity wont play mkv files. better use a computer for my home theater.

the desktop with the specs i mentioned comes from a Compaq Presario Media Center SR2030NX. i got it from a friend of mine who's about to throw it in the trash because it wasnt working anymore. she got it from a storage bin. when i checked it out, all that's missing is a harddrive. i bought a 250gb harddrive from ebay and replaced the 250 watt power supply to my extra 450 watts. and i have a 2gb DDR2 memory too. so, all i need now is a compatible graphics card.

total money spend for this is less than 100 dollars. i spent 35 dollars for the 250 HDD at ebay.

"Good things in life are FREE!!!"
m
l
November 30, 2011 2:37:55 AM

i have that card, been using it for about 2 or 3 years now, and its great, still holds up to modern games. i can pretty much max out any game ive tried, GTA 4, Fallout 3 and NV, Oblivion, Mass effect 1&2, dragon age 1&2. anything up until i tried skyrim and BF 3. you should be able to max out those games that you mentioned. i highly recommend it.

oh, and i think my power supple is around 450W so u should be good to go there as well.
m
l
!