gsm jamming devices

Is there a reputable brand for gsm jamming devices around? Google
returned ample hits but not sure about the trustworthiness of the sources.

B.
16 answers Last reply
More about jamming devices

    [POSTED TO alt.cellular.gsm - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

    In <41a609fa$0$223$bed64819@news.gradwell.net> on Thu, 25 Nov 2004 16:36:10
    +0000, Brendon Caligari <bcaligari@nospam.fireforged.com> wrote:

    >Is there a reputable brand for gsm jamming devices around? Google
    >returned ample hits but not sure about the trustworthiness of the sources.

    By definition disreputable since such devices are unlawful in most countries.

    The Israeli company that you have surely run into is reputable, but you
    better be prepared for the legal consequences if you are caught using a
    jammer in a country where it is illegal. It only takes one person to figure
    out that a jammer is in place for all h--- to break loose.

    Stu

    John Navas wrote:

    > [POSTED TO alt.cellular.gsm - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
    >
    > In <41a609fa$0$223$bed64819@news.gradwell.net> on Thu, 25 Nov 2004 16:36:10
    > +0000, Brendon Caligari <bcaligari@nospam.fireforged.com> wrote:
    >

    >>Is there a reputable brand for gsm jamming devices around? Google
    >>returned ample hits but not sure about the trustworthiness of the sources.
    >

    > By definition disreputable since such devices are unlawful in most countries.

    This may come as a shock John, but some people don't care. As far as
    they're concerned, cell phones are the single most intrusive device ever
    invented, and they refuse to allow this technology to be foisted upon
    them, regardless of the outcome to others. Akin to a detector on the
    dash of their car to warn about speed traps - a techno war of sorts.
    Their only concern is an FCC fine, which would simply be factored in as
    a cost of doing business to be passed on the their clients, assuming the
    fallout would ever get that far in the first place. In their camp, it's
    really no more complicated than that, and they smirk at the putz trying
    to make a call in the middle of everyone else's dinner, concert,
    worship, funeral, wedding, movie, recital, etc.

    The newest anti-tech bomb was a single-button clicker than turns off any
    TV in the room. "TV-B-Gone"

    http://www.engadget.com/entry/0254838747325715/

    I've already bought several for stocking stuffers. <giggle>

    --
    jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'

    Stuart Friedman wrote:

    > The Israeli company that you have surely run into is reputable, but you
    > better be prepared for the legal consequences if you are caught using a
    > jammer in a country where it is illegal. It only takes one person to figure
    > out that a jammer is in place for all h--- to break loose.
    >
    > Stu

    I guess we're all suppose to start shaking in our boots now.

    --
    jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'

    Brendon Caligari <bcaligari@nospam.fireforged.com> wrote:
    > Is there a reputable brand for gsm jamming devices around?

    That's a rhetorical question, right? :)

    You could in-case the place is a farady cage though.

    PD

    --
    Paul Day Web: www.bur.st/~paul GPG Key ID: 7FF655A8

    [POSTED TO alt.cellular.gsm - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

    In <co7ftf$kno@library2.airnews.net> on Fri, 26 Nov 2004 08:50:22 -0600, Jer
    <gdunn@airmail.ten> wrote:

    >John Navas wrote:

    >> By definition disreputable since such devices are unlawful in most countries.
    >
    >This may come as a shock John, but some people don't care. ...

    Indeed -- there are those so arrogant that they presume to take the law into
    their own hands -- they are called vigilantes. They do more harm than good,
    and are antithetical to the civilized rule of law.

    John Navas wrote:

    > [POSTED TO alt.cellular.gsm - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
    >
    > In <co7ftf$kno@library2.airnews.net> on Fri, 26 Nov 2004 08:50:22 -0600, Jer
    > <gdunn@airmail.ten> wrote:
    >

    >>John Navas wrote:
    >

    >>>By definition disreputable since such devices are unlawful in most countries.
    >>
    >>This may come as a shock John, but some people don't care. ...
    >

    > Indeed -- there are those so arrogant that they presume to take the law into
    > their own hands -- they are called vigilantes. They do more harm than good,
    > and are antithetical to the civilized rule of law.

    As I said, they don't care about someone elses laws because those laws
    never considered what was important to them. They're sorta like those
    Iraqi insurgent folks trying to protect their homes and families against
    intruders. In times of desparation, arrogance serves where
    consideration failed. If using a cell phone despite the concerns of
    others was important, and I knew a particular place was troublesome for
    accomplishing that task, I'd just find another place to spend my money
    and leave the arrogant bastards to their own. It's all about choices
    John - yours, mine, and everyone elses. I know you agree with the
    aspect of choices because I presumed you spoke the truth when you said
    you did. Right?

    --
    jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'

    On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 11:54:22 -0600, Jer <gdunn@airmail.ten> said in
    alt.cellular.gsm:

    >As I said, they don't care about someone elses laws because those laws
    >never considered what was important to them.

    They're the kind who'd better like striped sunlight, then. There are
    those who enforce laws, whether your kind like the particular law or
    not.

    On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 08:51:25 -0600, Jer <gdunn@airmail.ten> said in
    alt.cellular.gsm:

    >I guess we're all suppose to start shaking in our boots now.

    No, not yet. Wait till they introduce you to your cell-mate, Tiny.

    >Is there a reputable brand for gsm jamming devices around? Google
    >returned ample hits but not sure about the trustworthiness of the sources.

    You don't mention where you are but (in the USA) there can't be a "reputable"
    brand of an illegal device.

    Kinda like asking if there is a reputable drug dealer on the corner.

    --
    John S.

    >This may come as a shock John, but some people don't care.

    On the other hand, reputable and illegal don't fall into the same category. So
    there is no such thing as a "Reputable" jammer.

    Illegal is illegal and like John said by defination is not reputable.

    --
    John S.

    >As I said, they don't care about someone elses laws because those laws
    >never considered what was important to them.

    Let me catch someone jamming my cell phone and then watch the results.

    Iraqui insurgents will seem like tame activities to what would happen to the
    person I catch!

    --
    John S.

    On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 08:51:25 -0600, Jer <gdunn@airmail.ten> wrote:

    >Stuart Friedman wrote:
    >
    >> The Israeli company that you have surely run into is reputable, but you
    >> better be prepared for the legal consequences if you are caught using a
    >> jammer in a country where it is illegal. It only takes one person to figure
    >> out that a jammer is in place for all h--- to break loose.
    >>
    >> Stu
    >

    >I guess we're all suppose to start shaking in our boots now.

    Yup, looks like the type of people who would maliciously disrupt
    communications would be the same type who wear boots.

    ron

    [POSTED TO alt.cellular.gsm - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

    In <20041127195425.06417.00000784@mb-m22.aol.com> on 28 Nov 2004 00:54:25 GMT,
    sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree (John S.) wrote:

    >>As I said, they don't care about someone elses laws because those laws
    >>never considered what was important to them.
    >
    >Let me catch someone jamming my cell phone and then watch the results.
    >
    >Iraqui insurgents will seem like tame activities to what would happen to the
    >person I catch!

    So what are you going to do? Beat them up? And land in jail?

    John Navas wrote:

    > [POSTED TO alt.cellular.gsm - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
    >
    > In <20041127195425.06417.00000784@mb-m22.aol.com> on 28 Nov 2004 00:54:25 GMT,
    > sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree (John S.) wrote:
    >

    >>>As I said, they don't care about someone elses laws because those laws
    >>>never considered what was important to them.
    >>
    >>Let me catch someone jamming my cell phone and then watch the results.
    >>
    >>Iraqui insurgents will seem like tame activities to what would happen to the
    >>person I catch!
    >

    > So what are you going to do? Beat them up? And land in jail?

    Sure, why not? It's the Amerikan way. There's always someone else to
    blame.

    --
    jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'

    I don't know, a $50k fine would make me pause.

    Stu

    "Jer" <gdunn@airmail.ten> wrote in message
    > Stuart Friedman wrote:
    >
    >> The Israeli company that you have surely run into is reputable, but you
    >> better be prepared for the legal consequences if you are caught using a
    >> jammer in a country where it is illegal. It only takes one person to
    >> figure out that a jammer is in place for all h--- to break loose.
    >>
    >> Stu
    >

    > I guess we're all suppose to start shaking in our boots now.
    >

    > --
    > jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'

GSM Google Devices