gsm jamming devices

Last response: in Technologies
November 25, 2004 7:36:10 PM

Is there a reputable brand for gsm jamming devices around? Google
returned ample hits but not sure about the trustworthiness of the sources.

B.

More about : gsm jamming devices

Anonymous
November 25, 2004 7:42:53 PM

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.gsm - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <41a609fa$0$223$bed64819@news.gradwell.net> on Thu, 25 Nov 2004 16:36:10
+0000, Brendon Caligari <bcaligari@nospam.fireforged.com> wrote:

>Is there a reputable brand for gsm jamming devices around? Google
>returned ample hits but not sure about the trustworthiness of the sources.

By definition disreputable since such devices are unlawful in most countries.

November 26, 2004 6:44:16 AM

The Israeli company that you have surely run into is reputable, but you
better be prepared for the legal consequences if you are caught using a
jammer in a country where it is illegal. It only takes one person to figure
out that a jammer is in place for all h--- to break loose.

Stu

"Brendon Caligari" <bcaligari@nospam.fireforged.com> wrote in message

> Is there a reputable brand for gsm jamming devices around? Google
> returned ample hits but not sure about the trustworthiness of the sources.
>
> B.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
November 26, 2004 11:50:22 AM

John Navas wrote:

> [POSTED TO alt.cellular.gsm - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
>
> In <41a609fa$0$223$bed64819@news.gradwell.net> on Thu, 25 Nov 2004 16:36:10
> +0000, Brendon Caligari <bcaligari@nospam.fireforged.com> wrote:
>

>>Is there a reputable brand for gsm jamming devices around? Google
>>returned ample hits but not sure about the trustworthiness of the sources.
>

> By definition disreputable since such devices are unlawful in most countries.

This may come as a shock John, but some people don't care. As far as
they're concerned, cell phones are the single most intrusive device ever
invented, and they refuse to allow this technology to be foisted upon
them, regardless of the outcome to others. Akin to a detector on the
dash of their car to warn about speed traps - a techno war of sorts.
Their only concern is an FCC fine, which would simply be factored in as
a cost of doing business to be passed on the their clients, assuming the
fallout would ever get that far in the first place. In their camp, it's
really no more complicated than that, and they smirk at the putz trying
to make a call in the middle of everyone else's dinner, concert,
worship, funeral, wedding, movie, recital, etc.

The newest anti-tech bomb was a single-button clicker than turns off any
TV in the room. "TV-B-Gone"

http://www.engadget.com/entry/0254838747325715/

I've already bought several for stocking stuffers. <giggle>

--
jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'
November 26, 2004 11:51:25 AM

Stuart Friedman wrote:

> The Israeli company that you have surely run into is reputable, but you
> better be prepared for the legal consequences if you are caught using a
> jammer in a country where it is illegal. It only takes one person to figure
> out that a jammer is in place for all h--- to break loose.
>
> Stu

I guess we're all suppose to start shaking in our boots now.

--
jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'
Anonymous

Brendon Caligari <bcaligari@nospam.fireforged.com> wrote:
> Is there a reputable brand for gsm jamming devices around?

That's a rhetorical question, right? :)

You could in-case the place is a farady cage though.

PD

--
Paul Day Web: www.bur.st/~paul GPG Key ID: 7FF655A8
Anonymous

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.gsm - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <co7ftf$kno@library2.airnews.net> on Fri, 26 Nov 2004 08:50:22 -0600, Jer
<gdunn@airmail.ten> wrote:

>John Navas wrote:

>> By definition disreputable since such devices are unlawful in most countries.
>
>This may come as a shock John, but some people don't care. ...

Indeed -- there are those so arrogant that they presume to take the law into
their own hands -- they are called vigilantes. They do more harm than good,
and are antithetical to the civilized rule of law.

November 26, 2004 7:27:16 PM

John Navas wrote:

> [POSTED TO alt.cellular.gsm - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
>
> In <co7ftf$kno@library2.airnews.net> on Fri, 26 Nov 2004 08:50:22 -0600, Jer
> <gdunn@airmail.ten> wrote:
>

>>John Navas wrote:
>

>>>By definition disreputable since such devices are unlawful in most countries.
>>
>>This may come as a shock John, but some people don't care. ...
>

> Indeed -- there are those so arrogant that they presume to take the law into
> their own hands -- they are called vigilantes. They do more harm than good,
> and are antithetical to the civilized rule of law.

As I said, they don't care about someone elses laws because those laws
never considered what was important to them. They're sorta like those
Iraqi insurgent folks trying to protect their homes and families against
intruders. In times of desparation, arrogance serves where
consideration failed. If using a cell phone despite the concerns of
others was important, and I knew a particular place was troublesome for
accomplishing that task, I'd just find another place to spend my money
and leave the arrogant bastards to their own. It's all about choices
John - yours, mine, and everyone elses. I know you agree with the
aspect of choices because I presumed you spoke the truth when you said
you did. Right?

--
jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'
Anonymous

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 11:54:22 -0600, Jer <gdunn@airmail.ten> said in
alt.cellular.gsm:

>As I said, they don't care about someone elses laws because those laws
>never considered what was important to them.

They're the kind who'd better like striped sunlight, then. There are
those who enforce laws, whether your kind like the particular law or
not.
Anonymous
November 27, 2004 11:16:31 PM

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 08:51:25 -0600, Jer <gdunn@airmail.ten> said in
alt.cellular.gsm:

>I guess we're all suppose to start shaking in our boots now.

No, not yet. Wait till they introduce you to your cell-mate, Tiny.
Anonymous
November 28, 2004 3:49:58 AM

>Is there a reputable brand for gsm jamming devices around? Google
>returned ample hits but not sure about the trustworthiness of the sources.

You don't mention where you are but (in the USA) there can't be a "reputable"
brand of an illegal device.

Kinda like asking if there is a reputable drug dealer on the corner.

--
John S.
November 28, 2004 3:51:44 AM

>This may come as a shock John, but some people don't care.

On the other hand, reputable and illegal don't fall into the same category. So
there is no such thing as a "Reputable" jammer.

Illegal is illegal and like John said by defination is not reputable.

--
John S.
November 28, 2004 3:54:25 AM

>As I said, they don't care about someone elses laws because those laws
>never considered what was important to them.

Let me catch someone jamming my cell phone and then watch the results.

Iraqui insurgents will seem like tame activities to what would happen to the
person I catch!

--
John S.
November 28, 2004 9:17:03 AM

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 08:51:25 -0600, Jer <gdunn@airmail.ten> wrote:

>Stuart Friedman wrote:
>
>> The Israeli company that you have surely run into is reputable, but you
>> better be prepared for the legal consequences if you are caught using a
>> jammer in a country where it is illegal. It only takes one person to figure
>> out that a jammer is in place for all h--- to break loose.
>>
>> Stu
>

>I guess we're all suppose to start shaking in our boots now.

Yup, looks like the type of people who would maliciously disrupt
communications would be the same type who wear boots.

ron
Anonymous
November 29, 2004 8:59:11 AM

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.gsm - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <20041127195425.06417.00000784@mb-m22.aol.com> on 28 Nov 2004 00:54:25 GMT,
sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree (John S.) wrote:

>>As I said, they don't care about someone elses laws because those laws
>>never considered what was important to them.
>
>Let me catch someone jamming my cell phone and then watch the results.
>
>Iraqui insurgents will seem like tame activities to what would happen to the
>person I catch!

So what are you going to do? Beat them up? And land in jail?

November 29, 2004 11:18:10 AM

John Navas wrote:

> [POSTED TO alt.cellular.gsm - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
>
> In <20041127195425.06417.00000784@mb-m22.aol.com> on 28 Nov 2004 00:54:25 GMT,
> sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree (John S.) wrote:
>

>>>As I said, they don't care about someone elses laws because those laws
>>>never considered what was important to them.
>>
>>Let me catch someone jamming my cell phone and then watch the results.
>>
>>Iraqui insurgents will seem like tame activities to what would happen to the
>>person I catch!
>

> So what are you going to do? Beat them up? And land in jail?

Sure, why not? It's the Amerikan way. There's always someone else to
blame.

--
jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'
Anonymous

I don't know, a $50k fine would make me pause.

Stu

!