Is there a map of 1900 coverage?

I would like to get the Nokia 9300, a very attractive smart phone.
Unfortunately, although Nokia originally announced that they were going
to bring out both a 900/1800/1900 model for Europe and an 850/1800/1900
for the U.S., the latter has so far not appeared, and it is unclear
whether and when it will.

I am therefor considering getting the European model. If I do, I will
only be able to use it on the 1900 band. I have been trying, so far
without success, to find out what that would mean as a practical
matter--whether there is good coverage where I live (Bay Area,
California) and how good the coverage is when travelling.

Does anyone know of a source of that information--preferably a webbed
map showing where Cingular has 1900 coverage?

--
Remove NOPSAM to email
www.daviddfriedman.com

Stevec

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

Apparently the 6230 is 850/1800/1900

Dave Markson wrote:
> >Does anyone know of a source of that information--preferably a webbed
> >map showing where Cingular has 1900 coverage?
>
> Although not perfect, this is about as close as you can get::
> http://www.cellguru.net/1900.htm

Many thanks. That's considerably more information than I was able to
get out of Cingular, with considerable effort.

>Does anyone know of a source of that information--preferably a webbed
>map showing where Cingular has 1900 coverage?

Although not perfect, this is about as close as you can get::
http://www.cellguru.net/1900.htm

--
Dave
Visit my New England Cell Phone Page at
http://www.cellguru.net
(to reply take out the "remove" in my e-mail)