bloodhoun555

Honorable
May 7, 2012
Hey guys, so recently I have been noticing that my CPU and GPU have been getting really hot. I have an XFX 6950 2GB Dual Fan and i5 2500k and I am using the stock CPU fan that can with the processor. When I am not doing anything the CPU stays at around 35 celicus and the GPU around 40, but when I start playing Battlefield 3 or any other game they heat up a ton! I just started to play a game of battlefield 3 and I decided to check my temps again and the CPU was at 80 celcius! :fou: and the GPU was around 80 also, I don't understand why they just randomly started to get really hot.... The temperature where I live is getting hotter but inside my house it is not hot. Can someone tell me why my hardware is getting so hot? What should I do?
Thanks in advance!

Your GPU hitting 80 while gaming is perfectly normal. GPUs are workhorses, they can take the beating and many are designed to withstand temperatures upwards of 110C.

Your CPU hitting 80 is a little bit concerning but still within safe operating perameters. Since you are using the stock CPU fan you can expect it to get hot, this is also fairly normal under load conditions. If you want to improve that you will need to get an aftermarket cooler

bloodhoun555

Honorable
May 7, 2012

Yes there is a change in temps... the processor used to only run around 65 Celsius while running games.

bloodhoun555

Honorable
May 7, 2012

Yes playing the same game, And I have noticed it has gotten hotter even when watching videos and multitasking. Also I ran prime95 yesterday and the temps of the processor were about to hit 90 Celsius and I ended the stress test.