Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Sound Card for Music Production (Saffire Pro 14)

Tags:
  • Sound Cards
  • Music
  • Devices
  • Components
Last response: in Components
May 12, 2012 8:17:06 PM

I am in the midst of purchasing a sound card for my custom pc rig. I do music production, on a home scale. Have a few devices that require midi in and NI Maschine requiring USB

I was at first leaning towards purchasing an internal interface like M-Audio Audiophile 192kHz or EMU 1212M. But their both aged products and upon further research i came across Saffire Pro 14 which has astounding sound quality and yet is affordable. The reviews seem to be really good for a firewire connection device.

If i get the saffire pro 14, would an additional pci sound card make any difference ?

your comments are appreciated.

More about : sound card music production saffire pro

Best solution

May 26, 2012 1:18:23 PM

spax said:
I am in the midst of purchasing a sound card for my custom pc rig. I do music production, on a home scale. Have a few devices that require midi in and NI Maschine requiring USB

I was at first leaning towards purchasing an internal interface like M-Audio Audiophile 192kHz or EMU 1212M. But their both aged products and upon further research i came across Saffire Pro 14 which has astounding sound quality and yet is affordable. The reviews seem to be really good for a firewire connection device.

If i get the saffire pro 14, would an additional pci sound card make any difference ?

your comments are appreciated.

Hi some sound cards contradict the other when installed in the same system, therefore you may have to disable one for the other to function perfectly.
Bob George
May 27, 2012 4:45:34 PM

Thank you for your reply, i have decided to opt for a NI Komplete Audio 6 which will do far better than any internal PCIE Sound Card.
m
l
June 3, 2012 5:47:19 AM

Best answer selected by spax.
m
l
!