My first build! A minecraft server/light gaming.

Hey guys, this is an awesome forum from what I've seen so far, so I was hoping to get your input. Budget is ~$500 with primary goal of being a host for a minecraft server/secondary internet and light gaming rig. Here's what I have so far...

NZXT GAMMA Classic Series GAMA-001BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case : $33

COOLER MASTER GX 450W RS450-ACAAD3-US 450W ATX12V v2.31 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply : $24 after $20 mail in rebate.

GeIL Enhance CORSA 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model GEC316GB1600C9QC : $85

COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 Continuous Direct Contact 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler: $35

Corsair Force Series 3 CSSD-F60GB3A-BK 2.5" 60GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) : $95

AMD A6-3670K Unlocked Llano 2.7GHz Socket FM1 100W Quad-Core Desktop APU with DirectX 11 Graphic AMD Radeon HD 6530D AD3670WNGXBOX COMBO W/MOBO
BIOSTAR TA75M FM1 AMD A75 (Hudson D3) SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard : COMBO $165

TOTAL: w/shipping $466.26 (prices dont add up, I know)

-----------------------

I figure the light gaming won't call for a dedicated graphics card, so I left that off. Any ideas/comments, I'd love to hear them!
Thanks!

Approximate Purchase Date: ASAP

Parts Not Required: keyboard/mouse/monitor/os

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: none

Parts Preferences:by brand or type: None

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe
4 answers Last reply
More about build minecraft server light gaming
  1. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/core-i5-overclock-performance-gaming,3097.html

I'd look at that and:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/332962-31-recommended-builds-price

And adjust to what you like they aren't bad basic builds to work from although they are quite intel biased :P
  2. As long as you really won't be gaming it seems fine to me. The 16 gb of ram makes sense to me since its server. See if you can find a different mobo biostar is an ok name but not great. Also cooler master is not the best brand either. Either than that looks fine
  3. There was an asus mobo for 20 bucks more, its worth it? I'll go look at it now.
  4. Do you plan on overclocking? Biostar is alright, but an Asus or Gigabyte might be more stable for OC. ASrock is a better cheaper board, but check the reviews as some of their boards seem to have their BIOS set to discrete by default, meaning you'd need a discrete card at first to get into the BIOS and change it.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems