Creative sound blaster audigy gamer Not recognized by Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

colragland

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
I have a creative sound blaster audigy gamer card Gen 1 that i bought brand new at staples in 2000 or 01 cant remember on the year...It has worked on all my computer builds till now...I just build a new computer a month ago now i plug it in both pci slots and it does not see or find it... I try to install the updated drivers from creative for win7 and they dont see it either...But the sound card works just not in my new one...Come on guys any ideal at all??? :hello:

InvalidError

Titan

PCIe slots are keyed between the 11th and 12th pin position which makes it impossible to put a PCI card in a PCIe slot.

PCI-X is simply a PCI slot with 64bits extension and is intended to be backward-compatible, PCI cards should work fine in PCI-X slots. However, I do not think there has ever been mainstream/consumer-grade boards/chipsets with PCI-X support.

colragland

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
I have a ASUS M5A97 EVO it has 2 PCI slots and 2 PCIe slots and 2 PCIe x1 slots...I have tried the two PCI slots but it dont see it and i have also put in another PCI card and it sees them...I put it back in a computer that has XP and its there... :??:

Status
Not open for further replies.