Looking for 1gb ddr3 graphics card help?

shyyk

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011
Hello community! :) Does anyone know about a good graphics card for an amd motherboard with 1gb ddr3 RAM and CrossFireX support? I'd prefer a cheap card if at all possible. Thank you! :)

shyyk

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011
Oh srry. I'm looking for a graphics card with 1gb ddr3 RAM on it. I also want a card that supports CrossfireX so I can eventually use two graphics cards.

shyyk

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011
600watt power supply, phenom ii x4 quad core 3.2 ghz processor (probly gonna overclock to 3.8 ghz), motherboard is... not sure exactly but has pci-e 2.0 slots on it so it will work with almost any graphics card :)

I'd recommend starting out with explaining what you want to do with the system. Explain realistic expectations you want to get out of it. I'm having a hard time imagining a preference for 1GB of GDDR3 over GDDR5, other than trying to create a break in price points that isn't really there. Is there reason for the 1GB size?

What monitor are you using? What resolution? What are your other system specifications? What type of processor? Every choice dictates the options available for the next choice, and so on...

The market's really fragmented. There's a ton of processor choices that will dictate what motherboard type you choose. The motherboard choice can effect what type of RAM and how much you can put in it. It'll also determine what is xfire ready. All of that combined will impact the choice of power supply, case, cooling options, etc.

shyyk

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011
I want a graphics for gaming. Not heavy duty gaming but games such as Vindictus, GW2 when it comes out, and Fiesta (maybe runescape). I really dont care the exact RAM amount but I need it under $80. DDR5 would be nice but I figured it would be too costly. For a monitor, I'm not sure, but I may upgrade someday to high def. :)

lightus

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
In fact, it may be included in the package. Both my nVidia cards came with one in the box.

EDIT: Also, watch out, the first card that Helltech posted says its rebate will expire tomorrow (11/30/11). Not sure if that is the purchase by date or the last day you can claim it. You might wanna check before purchasing and possibly losing out on 30 bucks.