Possible Video Card and SATA HDD problem

missying

Honorable
May 12, 2012
I just bought a Sapphire Radeon HD5450 DDR3 1GB video card

My Problem:
When I installed the video card and turned on the PC, it will not continue to boot, it will pause at the BIOS screensaver and will not proceed to the windows loading screen. It will stuck and hangs up. I'm pretty sure I'd inserted the card correctly. Then I decided to disconnect the SATA Data Cable attached to the motherboard and reboot the PC and it works fine.

I have 2 hard drives in my computer, 1 is IDE HDD and the other, SATA HDD.

-Tried disconnecting the IDE HDD and connecting the SATA HDD and still the problem occurred.
-Disconnected the DVD ROM and the IDE HDD to give enough wattage to the video card and the SATA HDD cause I thought it could be a power supply issue, however, it didn't work.(i have a 500-watt PSU)
-Inserted the SATA Data Cable in the different SATA headers on the motherboard but nothing happens.
-Replaced a new SATA Data Cable but still didn't work.

Lastly, I installed back my old video card which is Nvidia 9500gt DDR2 1GB and it works fine with all the components attached including the SATA HDD.

What could be the possible reason behind this problem? Could it be the video card and SATA HDD having conflict?

Motherboard Model: Intel D945PLNM

I will appreciate your help. Thanks

missying

Honorable
May 12, 2012

Yes, however, it's only fine when the SATA HDD is not connected to the motherboard. I can only use the IDE HDD. All I want is to connect as well the SATA HDD so I can use the 2 HDD. I'm certain that I seated the card properly. Tried it with my old video card and it works fine with the 2 HDD being connected.

The only thing I can think of is some conflict between Nvidia drivers still in the system and ATI drivers for the new card.

missying

Honorable
May 12, 2012

It also works fine with the ATI video card but only without the SATA HDD that's connected to the motherboard. Before I install the new video card I will first uninstall the existing old video card driver.

My concern is that when I install and use the new ATI Video Card it will not work unless I will disconnect the SATA HDD from the motherboard. Though it works fine with the IDE HDD but will not work if I will connect the 2 hard drives (the IDE and SATA) simultaneously.