Noise after power-cut

xionas

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
Greetings, :)

Last week I cleaned my components inside the case (except the drives' cables) and today after I had a power-cut a strange noise (which existed a bit for the last couple of years) started and is now more common.

I randomly hear it meaning I doubt its coming from fan's noise. It goes like tik tik tik tik and last for half second, then goes away and occurs every 3 seconds ( like a clock ticking or a mouse in your closet)

In addition, I usually hear it when I do tasks like accesing program files or opening new tabs in firefox and just a little less frequently when my PC is idle.

Any suggestions what that noise could be?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
um no as they have no moving parts O.O
and ssd are expensive
and its not realy anything to worry about that 6.7gb hard drive i talked about is still working despite doing all the clicking (and has been for over 10 years)

heero yuy

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2010
its your hard drive's ummm reading arm (or something)
nothing to worry about realy (i had a computer - click on any thing tiktiktiktiktik lasted for years only died cause the psu died i wonder what i left on it O.O)

nagisa

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
um no as they have no moving parts O.O
and ssd are expensive
and its not realy anything to worry about that 6.7gb hard drive i talked about is still working despite doing all the clicking (and has been for over 10 years)

Solution