Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 + RAID Issue

Jermo

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
Hello,
I'm having trouble setting up a RAID array (non OS) with my Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 v1 MB. I have Win 7 64-Bit OS set up on a 1TB Seagate Barricuda - BIOS is set to AHCI - Works fine. When I try to change the BIOS from AHCI to RAID (so I can later plug in 2x 1TB Western Dig HDs for storage), I get a BSOD when Win 7 begins to load (Stop error: 0x0000007B). ...Probably due to missing driver. I've tried to load various RAID drivers on reboot through the system recovery console (until I can see the Win 7 installation). But upon reboot, I'm back to BSOD. I've also tried to change the Registry value on HKEY_LOCAL-Machine\System|CurrentControlSet\Services\iaStorv - Start value from 3 to 0.... and all the above all over again with no luck.

What am I missing? Thanks for any help / advice. - Jermo

laircouk

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012

Gigabyte still has driver / bios issues regarding RAID.

P.S. You are not alone. Many user has the same issue as you! RAID kills... :(

mfitze

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
I am having a similar issue with the same board and bios version 5. Everything seems to get set up fine, RAID on SATA 1 to 4, and IDE on SATA 5 and 6. Boot/system SSD and DVD plugged into SATA slots 5 and 6 (i.e., set to IDE). Two identical formatted WD 1TB Caviar Blacks plugged into slots 1 and 2 for storage set to RAID. No problem setting up the RAID array (RAID 0 - striped) after pressing Ctrl F. System reboots gets as far as beginning to load the Win 7 colorful icon, and reboots (rinse and repeat). If I set all SATA slots to IDE in BIOS, I can use all drives mentioned above, but of course, the 2 Caviar Blacks appear as two separate drives. Just can't seem to get RAID to work. Help please!

mrlundin

Reputable
Mar 15, 2015

I'm having this same exact issue and I'm wondering if anyone ever came to a solution to this?

mrlundin

Reputable
Mar 15, 2015

I'm having this same exact issue and I'm wondering if anyone ever came to a solution to this?