Sign in with
Your question

Asus HD 6770, can't install drivers and catalyst

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 29, 2011 11:54:08 PM

I am trying to upgrade my GPU to HD 6770, I removed my old card, a 9400 GT, plugged in my new card, connected the 6 pin power connector.

When i start my computer it detects a new hardware but installs it as a standard VGA adapter. Tried installing the drivers from the cd that came with the GPU, catalyst comes up and through the analysis process of the installation it says can't find installable components.

I downloaded the latest catalyst suite, 11.11, still the same problem
I downloaded the DD separately, tried that, same error message, "can't find installable components"
I tried the auto detect software of AMD, it detects it as a 6xxx graphics card and proceeds to automatically download a driver for my device. ran it afterwards, it's still the same message.
reseated the card and power connector several times to no avail.
I removed my Nvidia drivers from my old card including Physx.
I already used DriverCleaner and registry cleaner during normal and safe mode.

I am using windows 7, my PSU is 550 W, my motherboard is an ECS AMD socket 2 with onboard Nvidia 6100. I have 2GB of RAM. I've been trying to install my device for 8 hrs to to no avail. read possible solutions almost tried anything to no avail.

If there's a way to know what the problem is I'll be willing to fix it, I just don't want to reformat or buy any new components to make it work by trial and error.

Thank you very much.
April 5, 2012 7:15:01 AM

i had the same video card beforehand and almost idental computer to you. i tried installing and exact same thing is happening to me. did you ever find a solution?
m
l
April 5, 2012 8:03:39 AM

MortalRighteous said:
i had the same video card beforehand and almost idental computer to you. i tried installing and exact same thing is happening to me. did you ever find a solution?

I had to reformat in order for it to work. Then I had a problem with the PSU after that. Had to buy a branded one. Essentially a reformat did the trick for me.
m
l
!