Sign in with
Your question

When I transfer large files over a mapped network drive they get corrupted

Last response: in Networking
February 17, 2011 7:58:07 AM

I have a Gaming Computer, with a 2x2TB RAID-1 setup, which I use to store .iso files ripped off my game's / movie's disks....

Most of the time I'm on my laptop, I have set up a Network Drive to this RAID-1 setup, but when I try to transfer files from the Gaming Computer to my laptop via a network connection, either by wireless G, Ethernet 100mbps, or Ethernet 1gbps, my files get corrupted, this usually happens to larger files e.g over 1GB....

But when I transfer the same files to my external hard-drive the files work properly....

My computers is networked by a TP-Link 340G....
February 17, 2011 12:24:54 PM

First, do a complete reset of the router and set up your admin and wireless access passwords again. Failing that, check and make sure the firmware for the router is up to date. If it isn't, update to the latest version. If that doesn't solve it, see if a friend will lend you their router for a few hours. Hook up your computers to the friends router and try copying some data in the same fashion you were before via the mapped network share via both wired and wireless (try to borrow from a friend with a wireless router for more accurate results). Also check the physical cabling between the PC with the RAID array and the rest of the network.
m
l
February 24, 2011 12:45:22 AM

I have already reset the router, and I have the same issue when I just Hook up my PC to my laptop with an Ethernet cable...
m
l
Related resources
February 24, 2011 9:43:22 AM

Seems to me that it has something to do with the RAID configuration not transferring the file over the the properly. Have you tried copying files on a non-RAID drive? If not go ahead and try it using peer to peer connection if it's successful then it has something to do with the RAID configuration. How about trying to transport files from your laptop to the computer?
m
l
March 10, 2011 4:44:25 AM

Thanks everyone for the replies, but I think I have fixed it, I think my RAM went bad, because I have different sticks in the computer and now the files are transferring over to all of my computers propley...
m
l
!