Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Hooking computer gfx card hdmi to hdmi plasma tv..help

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 30, 2011 12:21:19 AM

i have gts 250 with a hdmi plugged in and other end hdmi plugged into a 42inch sanyo plasma tv. its not detecting the tv but its changes the computer monitor resolution to really low automatically. how would i know if this would even work? what can i do to have desktop running on my plasma tv? I have a hdmi to hdmi cable and a dvi to hdmi cable too.
December 1, 2011 8:57:41 PM

i tried plugging hdmi to hdmi from the hdmi ports on motherboard and my gfx card. in windows screen resolution page it does not detect. anyone know if my tv can do this? i run ps3 through same hdmi cable, and that works fine.
Score
a c 563 U Graphics card
December 1, 2011 9:10:55 PM

What is the make and model of the motherboard or system?

In the NVIDIA Control Panel did you activate all displays? You should be able to see which display is connected to which port on the graphics card.
Score
Related resources
December 2, 2011 3:06:06 AM

my pc motherboard is msi 880gm-e35 and i dont see any extra desplays when i press detect other than my pc monitor in nvidia software or windows.
Score
a c 563 U Graphics card
December 2, 2011 3:09:05 AM

What Operating System and version are you using? 32-bit or 64-bit?
Score
December 2, 2011 3:37:16 AM

64bit windows 7 ultimate
Score
December 2, 2011 1:31:43 PM

ko888 said:
What Operating System and version are you using? 32-bit or 64-bit?

64 bit windows 7
Score
a c 563 U Graphics card
December 2, 2011 4:42:49 PM

When you connect both your monitor and the TV to the graphics card and look in Windows 7 Control Panel's Display Applet do you see two displays show up like the following? Display #2 in this example is the TV. For the TV make sure its resolution and refresh rate is set to the TV's native resolution and refresh rate (click on the Advanced settings hypertext link --> List All Modes command button and select the correct mode from the list).

Score
December 2, 2011 8:15:32 PM

ko888 said:
When you connect both your monitor and the TV to the graphics card and look in Windows 7 Control Panel's Display Applet do you see two displays show up like the following? Display #2 in this example is the TV. For the TV make sure its resolution and refresh rate is set to the TV's native resolution and refresh rate (click on the Advanced settings hypertext link --> List All Modes command button and select the correct mode from the list).

http://s12.postimage.org/vw95rokjx/Win7_Ctrl_Pnl_Disp_Applet1.png http://s12.postimage.org/qz06kb7yl/Win7_Ctrl_Pnl_Disp_Applet2.png

nope it doesnt show even after i hit detect it says no other device were detected. but i dont understand when i plug it in the computer monitor it drops in resolution like it was auto dropping it to my 720p tv.
Score
a c 563 U Graphics card
December 2, 2011 8:20:40 PM

Do you have your computer monitor plugged into the primary port and the TV plugged into the secondary port on the graphics card or are you swapping the cable between either only the monitor or only the TV?

What is the make and model number of the graphics card?
Score
December 2, 2011 9:09:58 PM

ko888 said:
Do you have your computer monitor plugged into the primary port and the TV plugged into the secondary port on the graphics card or are you swapping the cable between either only the monitor or only the TV?

What is the make and model number of the graphics card?

I have my computer monitor plugged into the vga of the gfx card and the tv connected with hdmi to hdmi cord from the back of the gfx card to my tv. at same time

same thing when i tried to put it into my motherboard onboard hdmi port.

the tv doesnt have vga hook ups so i wanna get a hdmi hook up going.

model numbers? you mean nvidia galaxy gts 250 256bit 1g memory or numbers on the card?
Score

Best solution

a c 563 U Graphics card
December 2, 2011 10:30:44 PM

Is it the Galaxy 25SGF6HX1RUV GeForce GTS 250 1 GB GDDR3 PCI Express with:
One (1) VGA port
One (1) DVI-I port
One (1) HDMI port

If this is your graphics card then I hope you realize that you can use DVI port and the VGA port only or the DVI port and the HDMI port only.

The DVI port is the primary port and the secondary port is the VGA port or the HDMI port. You cannot use both the VGA port and the HDMI port at the same time.

If you have a DVI to VGA dongle then that is what you should use for your monitor and leave your TV hooked up to the HDMI port. You should have better luck getting it to work when connected this way.
December 4, 2011 12:45:36 PM

Best answer selected by hardwareballs20.
Score
!